Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
I have about 5 large pieces of LR, and about 4 small pieces of LR, plus all the rocks shown above..

Why wouldn't I need to clean the glass with corraline algae??

Thanks,

-TheChad

90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Purple corraline growing on the back glass for those with front viewing tanks is pretty much a standard IMO. Rocks on the back glass too.

If I were you, I'd use the large rocks on the very bottom of the tank. Try to wedge or stack some smaller ones after those. When It gets to precarious with smaller rocks (being unstable or too loose, I'd consider doing without them and getting larger base to use instead.

From the looks of those smaller pieces, I think you've been having a real hard time using them. Maybe give'm up.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I haven't even gotten to the smaller pieces yet!

I took out all of those rocks, and am just trying to work on the LR at the bottom right now.. I had several of those rocks burried in the sand, I am trying to stack the larger LR ontop of those so that if fish dig out the sand they would be on solid rock underneith, but the large rocks don't ballance well..

Thanks,

-TheChad
90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
Old 03-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would get a few flat ledge pieces and try to make something almost like a pyramid. You might be able to use your back corners. using the sides of the corners (like an L shape) put some smaller pieces in the back corner like an L put ya a ledge rock across the top and do it again with a few less pieces again a ledge and then again with a few less pieces (like a pyramid). The in the middle use the back glass. You could also use an aquarium putty to give it a little stability but also reversable. just a thought.
Good Luck!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Don't stress yourself out over this, glue them and make the aquascape you WANT rather than what works from finding balancing points!!

Here's a glue for aquascaping:

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/s...ct_ID=mc-hfast

HTH!

Ryan
Old 03-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

thats what I use and it works well. It holds the rock and if if you should want to move something later it comes apart with a little effort.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

come apart how? As in You can just pull the rocks apart if you want to? Does it peel off?

Thanks,

-TheChad
Old 03-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

if you use it to hold 2 rocks together and you wanted to move them just pull them apart where you joined them and then just peel the putty off. I bought a mushroom that was attached to a piece of rock. I wanted to move it yesterday so I just pulled it off and moved it.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How does it work against Glass? Rock to glass?

Thanks,

-TheChad
Old 03-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

I am not sure about glass I have not tried that yet. You might be able to try a silicone too.

Tags
api, aquascaping, cap

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com