Coral Frags?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the usergroup. I use superglue (gel) kind. Or rubberband it to a piece of base rock. I will talk to you later about frag trading. I am going to use this forum to start a club also.

I would like to get some more mushroom and some zooanthid starts. I have green stripes and red mushrooms that i would trade starts from. I have some purple and blue stripes, but I only have a few so they need some more time. I'm suppose to get some more starts from jblitz99 before too long. I gave his some live rock for his 20 gallon in trade. so what do you guys got. Oh ya, eventually Im going to frag my devils hand. I will have some xenia before too long. jblitz99 has tons of xenia. kribbz has tons of anthelia. hope that helps tony. It would be cool if we could get some trading going on.

yeah dude i'll trade with anyone. because sofar i don't have much besides a few mushrooms and some anthelia that i could really trade. the mushrooms are kind of iffy yet thought they are multiplying but i would like to wait just a little longer.

I've got Anthelia I'd like to get rid of. If anyone wants some, and knows how to frag it, come on over! Free for the taking. Might let you have some of my prized Aiptasia, too!! :lol:

I also have LOADS of spotted 'shrooms. Some zoanthids, too.

OH! And plenty of Valonia, too! 8O

I need to purchase some fags as i don't have any coral at all, yet. I am just starting to get serious about venturing into coral. What kind of prices are we talking about? Let me know when you make a decision on possible cost.

I was talking more about trading. I would go to deans and get some shrooms and zoos. When they start to spread, youll have something to barter.

dunno.

BTW, kribbz, I seen the anthelia you gave jblitz99. I noticed it was blue. I have brown. I would like to get some blue, so maybe we can trade some time.

sweet. how is it doing in his tank? that was the first time i've ever fraged for someone else so i didn't know if it was ok or not. like i just took off like 3 stalks and gave them to him. i didn't know if i was supposed to put it on like a rock or something. but yeah that stuff should spread like crazy i know mine has doubled in size within about 3 months.

Well, as far as I know it is doing ok in his tank. The only prob is we dont know if it will stay where we put it, due to it not being on a rock. If I get some I would like to see you put a very small piece of base rock or a shell next to the anthelia and just let it grow on to it. Then you can separate the two with a razor blade. If you dont want to got through the trouble, thats cool. Loose stalks wouldnt last 10 seconds in my tank.

yeah i didn't know how i was supposed to do it. next time i will put it on something that would mak a little more sense.

You could also put the stalk you cut off on something with gel superglue. It is non toxic. Works great, I've used it before.

I read the article concerning Shedd Aquarium that Michael posted in the Shedd Aquarium forum, and they use pieces of ceramic tile to attach corals to, just a thought......

Back
Top Bottom