Dwarf frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirlmac0711

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all hopefully someone can give me some helpful advice here. Im not super on top all info with having an aquarium so lost a bit. I purchased 2 african dwarf frogs in November they were very active for weeks in a one gallon tank. I moved them to a standard size tank. I clean it and it has a filter. One frog is still sorta active and the other just hid all the time and got fat. Well today I found him belly up :( with some fuzzy type something coming out his mouth and a reddish tint on his neck/throat area. Reason I am asking is i teach preschool and this tank is in my classroom and my kiddos found him. So looking to see why and if it is something I need to do in order to protect my other one from same fate happening, as all morning he has just hid as well. thanks in advance

im not sure 10 or 20 gallon tank but has right size filter for it if thats what you mean as cycled?

Google nitrogen cycle for aquarium. If you don't know what a cycled tank is then it's not cycled. Adding fish to a tank that isn't cycled will kill fish and cause disease. At this point you would have to do a fish in cycle and because of that I would be changing out 25% of the water daily. Use a dechlorinator such as Seachem Prime when you change the water.

Back
Top Bottom