Fish stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regen311

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good fish stores in Northwest Ohio, Lima, Findlay, Toledo areas. I'm asking because I really want to get some shrimp for my aquarium, but don't want the 12 for 1.99 ghost shrimp (although they are cool, I already have some and want something different) Thanks :)

I'm not from that part of the state, but if you are ever in Cols, you can try Aquarium Adventure on Sawmill. A bit pricey, but they'd probably have something you'd like.

Thanks :) I've looked on there, and there seem to be quite a few in Toledo. Maybe I'll make a trip some day and just go to all the different fish stores :) That could be fun...

http://www.trilbytropicals.com

I just recently went there and purchased 2 Opaline Gourami's and 4 White Clouds. Very nice people and VERY clean place. Was really impressed with their selection.

"We currently have over 300 freshwater fish tanks and that's not including the 300 Holding tanks we have "behind the scenes."

That's quite true. They will be the place I go to for more fish in the future.

Found a new place.

Gary's Tropical Fish located in Maumee, OH. Lovely little place with a very nice selection of harder to find fish. Prices are reasonable as well.

I'll second both Trilby's and Gary's. I haven't bought from either of them yet since I don't have my tank set up yet, but I've seen enough stores to know good from bad. Gary's is only about a mile from my work and I've stopped in a couple times for some free advice. He actually has more saltwater than fresh, but everything looks clean and healthy. Gary himself is very friendly and helpful... just my 2 cents!

John

I just wanted to add that there is a new Jack's Aquarium & Pet store in Findlay; I believe that it just opened on Aug. 12. It's in a strip mall at the Rt. 224 exit off of 1-75. Being new, everything looks clean and well kept, but at least the aquariums did look good. They also have a wide size of tanks on display... from 2.5 gallon to 125!

never been here, but i'd like too

Dave's Tropical Fish. 4602 Lewis Avenue Toledo, OH zip code. Phone: (419) 478-3283. Toll-free: (800) 603-2837. Fax: (419) 476-3358 ...

I may stop by the new Jack's Aquarium shop soon. Did you notice if they were carrying German Blue Rams yet? I know Trilby has some but they are like $12-$14 each (can't remember exactly).

Gary's fish are top notch. Haven't lost one fish I've purchased from him.

just bought some farwellolla from gary on fri, although he didnt have them labeled, and i thought i was getting them at a bargin price of $1.42 for "pencil fish"

turned out to be like $4.99 each, but still wasnt bad

If anyone is looking for a lot of Java Fern, go to Gary's. Each picture below is what $2 will buy you. The first picture is ONE plant, stopped counting at 30 leaves maybe 1/2 way through. The 2nd picture is maybe 1/3 of what I got with that handful. Healthy plants.

img_699744_0_c43b12bc29339dce2f2433aa7b1cee5e.jpg

img_699744_1_304d384b86ed2d832b7fd45f0ec8f329.jpg

just visited dave's last night, really big selection of the less common fish, like lungfish, BIG arowanna, big severums..., alot of fish neither pet supplies plus, petsmart, or petco carries (for you toledoans). almost all fish looked healthy, but some were in tanks way to small, like a gigantic white arowanna in a 50gal, as well as a lung fish, and other fish i cant remember off the top of my head. alot of big fish were in a 15g tank too

dave's is actually a house converted into a petstore, they have good prices, especially if you print off some ads from online. i didnt agree with how they kept some animals (they also have overpriced puppies, which should of had a mat or something to lay on) but the prices are decent, and the people are friendly

Burks said:
I may stop by the new Jack's Aquarium shop soon. Did you notice if they were carrying German Blue Rams yet? I know Trilby has some but they are like $12-$14 each (can't remember exactly).

Gary's fish are top notch. Haven't lost one fish I've purchased from him.

just curious what all have you purchased from garys? meant to get the java fern fri but was kinda rushed, i'll try to stop by again.

I've bought Gold Pristela Tetras and Neons from Garys. All are alive and well.

Dave's really isn't that bad of a store if you are looking for more exotic fish. The tiny tanks and huge fish aren't that great of an idea. I've only been there once and that was about six months ago. May stop by again some day.

Anyone been to Jake's in Findlay yet? I'm stopping by tomorrow on my way back to my parents just to see what it's like.

putawaywet has been to jacks, he told me it was just a regular petstore, i dont think they specialize in fish

Dang it, no wonder I couldn't find it on Yahoo! maps. JACK not Jake......I swear for being 21 my hearing is pathetic. Dad told me they stopped by and it wasn't that great. Kind of "average".

Back
Top Bottom