Free Yellow Lab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I posted in classifieds but just want to make sure it gets out. My 3.5 inch yellow lab is free to anyone who comes and picks him up. I want to restart the tank Sunday so he has to go. If no one contacts me by Sunday the cichlid dies.

P.S. I never did research before purchasing the cichlid so he is with a rosy barb, and a 29 gallon tank.

Pm me for pictures.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would your local fish store take him maybe? Or do you have a friend or family member that can take him if no one here is able to?

I have tried lfs and everyone that has a fish tank. I have also posted in other pages that I have him for sale.

Im pretty sure petco/petsmart take fish back for a small adoption fee ($2-$3 I believe)

I hope he can find a home. Yellow Labs are beautiful.

You don't have any other place to put him if no one can take him? :(

Im pretty sure petco/petsmart take fish back for a small adoption fee ($2-$3 I believe)

I got him at petsmart and they said thwg will not take fosh back after their 14 day period. Really wish they would take him back though.

If you have a Facebook account, maybe there is someplace on there you could post him too? And maybe Craigslist? Classifieds in your local paper?

If you know cichlids then yoy would know that a 29 gallon is not big enough for 'a few' yellow labs. I had 3 and the other 2 where killed by this remaing cichlid.

Here's a thought. Is Petco in your area still having the $1/gal sale ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

How long would it take for the new tank to cycle though? I know there is a petco close by but not sure if the sale is still going on.

How long would it take for the new tank to cycle though? I know there is a petco close by but not sure if the sale is still going on.

Your 29 is cycled holding the cichlid already, right ? How big is the filter on the 29 ? Swap EVERYTHING over to the 40 and add 11 gallons of water with conditioner. It'd be like doing a 25% water change. Then you could also check out Craigslist at the same time for other items that may help along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Yes the 29 has been running now for 3 years. Started with neons, common pleco, tiger barbs, and ranbow sharks then changed to where it is today with the cichlid and 1 rosy barb. The 29 gallon filter is a TopFin30. I got the tank as a starter set for Christmas.

Lots of people interested in the cichlid ad I posted on Craigslist. Ill post another for the barb once the cichlid is gone.

That's awesome! Sorry I was so harsh before. I just tend to sympathize with fish before people because I'm weird like that and sometimes I act like a jerk to people who don't deserve it. Really glad your fish are getting better homes.

That's awesome! Sorry I was so harsh before. I just tend to sympathize with fish before people because I'm weird like that and sometimes I act like a jerk to people who don't deserve it. Really glad your fish are getting better homes.

No problem. I have gotten tired of just being able to have 2 fish in a 29 gallon.

Well both fish where given new homes by the same person :) removed gravel and am going to start rinsing flora max either tonight or tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom