Iowans Come Fourth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*resurrects dead thread*

Hmm... I'm not really... but I'm in Spirit Lake most weeks... and Omaha a lot (that almost counts, right?) and my family owns a house outside Ames... and my sisters both graduated from Univ. IA ... that makes me about 1/32 Iowan, right?

West Des Moines...

Anyone on here one of the folks who took a few of my free guppy/molly/swordtail fry? If anyone is interested, I still have 18 fry from 4/29, only really suitable for a tank with smaller fish or planted only, then still have 8 or so from 3/31. And guess what? She's showing eggs again. I'm going to convert my bare 10g to a heavily planted and just keep raising the fry in there.

I'm from north central Iowa. Forest City. Winnebago Country! But right now I'm living in the QCA. Interning.

Bettababe1011 said:
Ames!! Ames sucks for fishkeeping, because there are no quality lfs here.

I went to the Ark pet shop there... They had a huge selection, but the cleanliness and quality of the whole store was disgusting.

maxwellag said:
I went to the Ark pet shop there... They had a huge selection, but the cleanliness and quality of the whole store was disgusting.

Yup. They've improved cleanliness since they moved, but all they have now is cichlids and a very small selection of livebearers, basically.

Back
Top Bottom