Kansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What goes on at meetings?
Like I said in my first post about it, I had trouble finding info on the site about what goes on and who is invited- that's why I've never been. I wasn't sure if it was only for people who are leaders in the club to talk about and organize events, or if it's open to anyone.

I went to the auction, but live an hour away so haven't participated in anything else.

The auction was pretty cool.

I agree they do seem to be pretty close which can make it more intimidating to break in, but I am planning on at least going to the auctions and swaps.

I'm surprised you thought it was focused on cichlids. I am a cichlid person, so I thought the snail, shrimp, and endler discussions were boring lol.

It is completely different than the complete anonymity here.

Yeah, it seemed a very close knit group from some of the threads ive read, but I assumed most local or regional clubs might be that way...

Free plants you say!?!?!? Where do I sign up?LOL!

I will definitley have to check out some of the events coming up, I'm sure the owner of my LFS would be ok with me talking someone else's ear off for a while!

I apologize for a possibly off topic question here, which I will direct to Khuligirl(seeing as were neighbors!) but I am having trouble finding a place to get pressurized Co2. I am wanting to install on my new 46 gallon BF, but after endless hours of sifting through google results and coming up empty, I thought I would ask here! Thinking of going with a 5 or 10 lb cylinder but didn't want to purchase one until I knew where I could get it filled(also read some places exchange Co2 tanks and didn't want to buy a new tank only to trade it in for another). Any direction you guys can give will be greatly appreciated!

I only use a 20oz paintball canister for my tank and Dick's fills it for like $3. Not sure about where to get anything bigger, sorry.

I only use a 20oz paintball canister for my tank and Dick's fills it for like $3. Not sure about where to get anything bigger, sorry.

Ok thanks! Out of curiosity, is that on your 36 gallon? How long does 20 oz last you? Btw, saw your albums and your tanks are beautiful!!

Anyone know anything about Aquariums etc or "the fish guy"?
I tried googling aquariums etc and something said they're closed. I called the # and their answering machine message gave their new #, which I called. That answering machine message said it was "the fish guy", formerly aquariums etc. But I cannot find anything about this mysterious "fish guy"...

Khuli, any luck tracking this down? When I got into the hobby I went to every store in the area for a bit of exposure/inspiration! I remember seeing the google result that this place closed but didn't investigate further... Wanted to check it out if you found a new location! Thanks!

No, I haven't found out anything further :/
When I search the fish guy, I get a lot of results about Dave's fish tank, making me wonder if they are two names for the sane business.

Oh well, thought I'd check. Thanks for the quick reply! Out of curiosity, which lfs do you typically use?

There are both a petco and petsmart within 5 minutes of me, but I prefer to drive 20 mins to Olathe Pet Shop. I love them.

Does anybody know if any stores in the KC area sell red cherry shrimp? I'm setting up my shrimp tank now but my normal store doesn't have any.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Picasso occasionally gets in mixed neos. Some a lot cooler than cherries. New shipment coming on wednesday.

Awesome! I'll probably go check them out next weekend when my tank is ready.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I made a trip to Lawrence to check out Pet World, and found some cherries there. They didn't have many, so I just got 4 to start with. I would definitely recommend anybody close check out Pet World, their selection of fish and supplies was awesome!

Im in kansas and have cherries if interested.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom