Lets see some action!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitche8359

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah I just got added to the section. I see it's dead. I referred a friend today. Have you?

I'm in the Columbus area. I go to Aquarium Adventures most of the time. Anyone else have a LFS they like to suggest?

Getting some more activity in here

Come on Ohio folks let's see some more activity in here. I'm converting a 150 gallon tank to a planted tank. Refer a friend, talk about your favorite or least favorite lfs.

Scott Hogsten

All of the Cinci members, Aquarium Adventures is opening a new store in the Cinci area. Not sure where or when, but I think it's fairly soon. The one in Columbus is a nice place, a bit pricey, IMO.

I drove up to Aq. Adventure in Columbus once...it was okay. I was kind of disappointed given how many great things I had heard about it.

Ah I'm glad my other post didn't go through... I responded to your Jack's message stating you should visit AA. You must have heard some fish stories about AA. :fadein: I didn't really hear any stories before I went to the only thing I'm disappointed in are the prices... :twisted:

Aquarium Adventure is terrible, over priced terrible looking stock (at least here in central ohio). I've been to just about every store around in central ohio and the best is Phissy business for corals has internet site no store front beautiful healthy corals. Jack's aquarium in easton and only easton, manager Eric really knows his stuff and takes great care in his saltwater has excellent fish and pretty good prices. and lol there's a place out in Newark ohio but name currently slips my mind.

I'm in Columbus. I don't know anything about saltwater, but the fresh water stuff at AA is good. They have a better selection of stuff than anywhere in town, tanks are clean, store is clean, but they are pricey.

I'm in Springfield OH... about 35 miles west of columbus.

I mostly go to Jack's. I've been to Springfield's, Fairfield's, one in Dayton, and one in Columbus (on the West side somewhere).

All I can say about it is those stores go up and down. It used to always be that the Springfield store was horrible (half the tanks were being treated for one thing or another, dead floating fish everywhere, etc) and Fairfield's was like going into a paid aquarium. Now it's the complete reverse. So I don't know what their deal is.

But overall they are decent stores. I've never tried to get advice though, the employees never seem to much know what they are talking about. Plus it takes 20 mins to get anyones attention. I always just go in there knowing what I want!

I agree with you 100%. The stores are hit and miss. The one on West Broad in Columbus which you might have gone to is usually fairly dirty. The one at Mill Run, also on the west side, just north of 70 is usually SUPER clean. I was just reminded of that store by my wife. If you haven't checked out Aquarium Adventure flipz, I recommend it. It's the largest aquarium store I've seen. Remember prices are a bit elevated, but they are 40% off now. If you are interested in directions give a hollar.

salt.watcher said:
Aquarium Adventure is terrible, over priced terrible looking stock (at least here in central ohio).
Thats too bad, the one here is Cleveland is pretty good. 3 of my fish are from them and I've had no problems.
maybe they will come around.

My choices of LFS is AA in ridgepark square, and Aquatic Technology by RT 82 and station rd. Does everyon notice how much faster the water evaporates now that the dry winter air is here?

glad to be a part of this regional forum. :mrgreen:

Hey everyone...its' me The Mod...sorry I've been so lacking tryin to get this place up and running.

Anyway...I love AA...they are a bit overpriced, but they have a huge selection. I haven't been to the one in Columbus, but I have been to the one in Cleveland. I live about an hour away but am always willing to drive up there. There is also another store just down the road from the stongsville mall (name slips my mind) but they have a nice selection of fish and supplies (they even sell live brine shrimp) but it is hard to get someone to help you out. They all seem to worried about who they went out with last night.

Anyway...keep the posts coming.
Tiff

There is also another store just down the road from the stongsville mall (name slips my mind
I'll bet your talking about RMS. IMO they are a nightmare as far as saltwater goes.
Maybe they are OK for fresh, but I wouldn't buy a SW snail from them.
I agree with Tim. Aquatic tech is the best. Might be the best SW store in Ohio, AA is good too but I agree overpriced.

In Columbus for SW I usually go to Byerly's in the Grandview area. Prices are better than AA, plus I feel the employees are more well informed.

I checked out Byerly's last summer. My only issue is I saw a few too many dead fish in the tanks. AA has been having that problem a lot lately too though. Plus ICH. I wanted to buy a ram last weekend at AA, but the fish in the tank were coated. :(

LuxorCaw said:
In Columbus for SW I usually go to Byerly's in the Grandview area. Prices are better than AA, plus I feel the employees are more well informed.

Same for me,, Great on the info and no BS, pluss i got some great LR form them..

Back
Top Bottom