Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2004, 09:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to mitche8359
Lets see some action!!!

Yeah I just got added to the section. I see it's dead. I referred a friend today. Have you?

I'm in the Columbus area. I go to Aquarium Adventures most of the time. Anyone else have a LFS they like to suggest?

55 gal fresh - planted 2wpg ~ Eheim eco filter ~ south american theme
java moss - misc anubia - amazon sword - Red rubin sword - tennellus chain swords
4 ottos, 1 pleco, 3 high fin white tetras, 3 Black Phantom Tetras, 1 high fin black tetra, 1 black tetra, 2 diamond tetras, 3 yoyos

Join the Ohio Regional Forum and share information with local enthusiasts
Vote for Aquarium Advice Today
mitche8359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Getting some more activity in here

Come on Ohio folks let's see some more activity in here. I'm converting a 150 gallon tank to a planted tank. Refer a friend, talk about your favorite or least favorite lfs.

Scott Hogsten

Old 09-14-2004, 04:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

All of the Cinci members, Aquarium Adventures is opening a new store in the Cinci area. Not sure where or when, but I think it's fairly soon. The one in Columbus is a nice place, a bit pricey, IMO.

java moss - misc anubia - amazon sword - Red rubin sword - tennellus chain swords
4 ottos, 1 pleco, 3 high fin white tetras, 3 Black Phantom Tetras, 1 high fin black tetra, 1 black tetra, 2 diamond tetras, 3 yoyos

Old 09-17-2004, 10:25 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I drove up to Aq. Adventure in Columbus once...it was okay. I was kind of disappointed given how many great things I had heard about it.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ah I'm glad my other post didn't go through... I responded to your Jack's message stating you should visit AA. You must have heard some fish stories about AA. I didn't really hear any stories before I went to the only thing I'm disappointed in are the prices...

Old 09-17-2004, 12:51 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Aquarium Adventure is terrible, over priced terrible looking stock (at least here in central ohio). I've been to just about every store around in central ohio and the best is Phissy business for corals has internet site no store front beautiful healthy corals. Jack's aquarium in easton and only easton, manager Eric really knows his stuff and takes great care in his saltwater has excellent fish and pretty good prices. and lol there's a place out in Newark ohio but name currently slips my mind.

"What new coral?, oh one of the other corals must have fragged"
salt.watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:52 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

by the way does any of you live in central ohio?

"What new coral?, oh one of the other corals must have fragged"
salt.watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:15 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm in Columbus. I don't know anything about saltwater, but the fresh water stuff at AA is good. They have a better selection of stuff than anywhere in town, tanks are clean, store is clean, but they are pricey.

Old 09-23-2004, 03:11 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to flipz
I'm in Springfield OH... about 35 miles west of columbus.

I mostly go to Jack's. I've been to Springfield's, Fairfield's, one in Dayton, and one in Columbus (on the West side somewhere).

All I can say about it is those stores go up and down. It used to always be that the Springfield store was horrible (half the tanks were being treated for one thing or another, dead floating fish everywhere, etc) and Fairfield's was like going into a paid aquarium. Now it's the complete reverse. So I don't know what their deal is.

But overall they are decent stores. I've never tried to get advice though, the employees never seem to much know what they are talking about. Plus it takes 20 mins to get anyones attention. I always just go in there knowing what I want!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:34 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree with you 100%. The stores are hit and miss. The one on West Broad in Columbus which you might have gone to is usually fairly dirty. The one at Mill Run, also on the west side, just north of 70 is usually SUPER clean. I was just reminded of that store by my wife. If you haven't checked out Aquarium Adventure flipz, I recommend it. It's the largest aquarium store I've seen. Remember prices are a bit elevated, but they are 40% off now. If you are interested in directions give a hollar.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com