Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

LFS in Central Missouri

Hey guys,
new to the hobby and would like to check out a store besides Petco. Any suggestions?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Springfield has two dedicated LFS along with the chain stores. One is called 'Cichlids and Salt' and the other one is (I think) 'Coral World'. Both are very helpful and have knowlegable staff. The second one I mentioned just moved from another location and may still be in moving mode, but are in business. They also host the local reef club frequently (meetings and coral swaps). They focus a lot on corals. Other one is SW, FW, and good variety of supplies along with coral, plants, and other stuff.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for the help, Ill check them out.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Just thought I might give an update of LFS in Springfield in case anyone was interested. I went to Cichlids and Salt, Planet Coral, and Petland. Ive got to say, I enjoyed all very well. Cichlids and Salt was more of a mom and pop store with a good selection of fish. There tanks werent prestine but I wouldnt consider them horrible. Planet Coral is the place for coral. There selection of fish wasnt as good but the customer service was outstanding. Really nice and informative people. Great selection of coral with nice tanks. I was told to go to Petland by another store to check them out so I did. I was expecting them to be like Petco or any other big chain but was I wrong. They had beautiful well kept tanks, a huge selection of fish and a few coral. They also had a bigger selection of dry goods but I exepected that. I bought a few things from Planet Coral and Petland, when I got home I tested their water and both were perfect as they should be. I would suggest stopping by all three of those places if in town and if anyone knows of another shop thats good, please let me know.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Columbia, MO

Columbia Pet Center has amazing staff and a great selection. They have like a triple gabillion filteration system - I rarely quarantine the fish that i get from them.

Plants and freshies

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com