Missouri Field Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henningc

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am in St. Louis and planning a field trip to do some fish sampling and maybe a little collecting. I'll be looking at darters, crayfish and native killies and such. If there is anything folks in the region would like me to attempt to capture for them just send me a photo with name. If you don't have a photo I can always find one if I have the name.

Two things I'll be looking for: Northren Stud fish, orange, red, blue, green and silver matalic colors. They are great looking, easy to work with and spawn. Next, we have this odd crayfish that doesn't seem to be described by the Mo Dept of Conservation. I'll be on the hunt for a few pairs of those. These crayfish are small 2"-2 1/2" with a dark green base color with red, orange and gold outlines on their section borders.

Last thing, I'll be getting more drift wood. I'll post that in the classifieds if you're interested. The place I am going has a lot of log type and root wood type drift wood. I can cure it if you're close and want some or tell you how to, it is easy jsut takes a little while.

Back
Top Bottom