native fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xander

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone around here keep or would like to keep native fish? I have a 55 with a bullhead and a green sunfish. I have had bass, crappy, and various other sunfish in the past.

When I was a kid, we had a couple of sunfish in a tank. It would be interesting to keep a native tank. Has anyone been to the FW Aquarium in Duluth? I like it there. A lot of people are disappointed when they go there. I think they are expecting tanks like a SW Aquarium! It's a very educational place too. The only thing about having a native tank is that it would have to be a big tank. Is that 55 really sufficient enough? I see there are only 2 fish in it.

When I was a kid, we had a couple of sunfish in a tank. It would be interesting to keep a native tank. Has anyone been to the FW Aquarium in Duluth? I like it there. A lot of people are disappointed when they go there. I think they are expecting tanks like a SW Aquarium! It's a very educational place too. The only thing about having a native tank is that it would have to be a big tank. Is that 55 really sufficient enough? I see there are only 2 fish in it.

I was talking to some other Minnesotans at the airport yesterday - one had kept northern Pike and Walley in a 125 gallon, but said they get too big too fast. Especially the northern... I can't imagine the size that thing would get with controlled food and room to swim!

And no predators casting their jigs into the weeds :lol:

i kept a channel cat in a tank for a couple year- i found him in a minnow bucket and raised him until he was too large for my tank and then set him free.

Back
Top Bottom