Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-17-2003, 10:03 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
Need LFS close to WI border

Originally Posted by alrmc4
know of any great lfs that are close to the wi border sick of the lfs in my area think it calls for a day trip sometime all directions and comments appreciated!!!!
Original post can be found here

Please respond in that post. Thanks

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
None of you chi town peeps know of one?

michealprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
There are none! I'm not joking. I have lived in Kenosha, WI for 5 years and I can tell you there are none in the area. If you need some food or monor supplies try Bill's Pet store(think is is Bill's) It is on 75th street(HWY50). I cannot recommend it for anything else though. It is basically a guy working out of his house. Not much selection.

As far as just over the border in IL. There is not much that sticks out in my mind. I'll try and do some research but somewhere around Gurnee would be your best bet.

125gal Reef
55gal sump
AquaC EV-120 Skimmer
Arctica 1/4hp Chiller
3 x 250W MH 10K and 2 x 165W VHO Actinics
mulron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
preferred pets in janesville wis

anything aquatics in rockford il

I posted these at the link that reefrunner had to another thread outside of our regional forum.Both of these places are very nice.Preferred pets in janesville is a huge pet store with a good selection of salt water fish and other salt water needs.

Anything Aquatics is a home based business.They have a great selection of salt water fish.They have a huge setup in their garage and quarintine all fish before they put them up for sale.You can get ahold of them in the evening.They take care of all the big salt water tanks in the rockford area so they are gone most of the day
hawksview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
alrmc4, did you ever find any good stores? I live in Pleasant Prairie and do the rounds, so if you need help just port it here and I'll help. And yes, I do know this is an old post
JimXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:41 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to krap101
yeah my mai petstores here are petco, petsmart, petland, and terris aqualand.
~ Danny
krap101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:18 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Living Seas Aquarium in Park Ridge, IL is probably the best LFS I have ever been in, and I've been in most in Chicagoland. Now that I live up here in the Great White North, I go to a couple really good ones in Green Bay.
Bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 01:11 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to xxmoorishmanxx
some ive been to are scotts pet sop on west chester, living sea, exotic aquatics in lake in the hills, somthing fishy aquatics in south elgin, Advanced aquatics in schamburgh, theres a few others i mentioned in another thread in our IL. forum most of these are good for one reason or another.. Be careful at living sea i new i guy that worked for them for many years he said they'd say they quarinteen fish but truly just through them in the show tanks,
xxmoorishmanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:07 AM   #9
There is an good place in Beach park on the corner of Wadsworth and Lewis. Its not the best but does have a desenct selection of fish and some coral. The prices are better then some other LFS I've been to. Its way better then the Petco by me. I also list a real good coral in Crystal Lake in the What LFS you use post.

It is off 94 south before you get to Gurnee. It is 13 miles from Kenosha and about 50 south of Milwaukee.
spoonmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:10 AM   #10
I found the address and stuff:

Happyland Pet Ctr
Address: 11432 W Wadsworth Rd, Beach Park, IL 60099
Phone: (847) 872-2223

spoonmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com