Need LFS close to WI border

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are none! I'm not joking. I have lived in Kenosha, WI for 5 years and I can tell you there are none in the area. If you need some food or monor supplies try Bill's Pet store(think is is Bill's) It is on 75th street(HWY50). I cannot recommend it for anything else though. It is basically a guy working out of his house. Not much selection.

As far as just over the border in IL. There is not much that sticks out in my mind. I'll try and do some research but somewhere around Gurnee would be your best bet.

preferred pets in janesville wis

anything aquatics in rockford il

I posted these at the link that reefrunner had to another thread outside of our regional forum.Both of these places are very nice.Preferred pets in janesville is a huge pet store with a good selection of salt water fish and other salt water needs.

Anything Aquatics is a home based business.They have a great selection of salt water fish.They have a huge setup in their garage and quarintine all fish before they put them up for sale.You can get ahold of them in the evening.They take care of all the big salt water tanks in the rockford area so they are gone most of the day

alrmc4, did you ever find any good stores? I live in Pleasant Prairie and do the rounds, so if you need help just port it here and I'll help. And yes, I do know this is an old post :wink:

Living Seas Aquarium in Park Ridge, IL is probably the best LFS I have ever been in, and I've been in most in Chicagoland. Now that I live up here in the Great White North, I go to a couple really good ones in Green Bay.

some ive been to are scotts pet sop on west chester, living sea, exotic aquatics in lake in the hills, somthing fishy aquatics in south elgin, Advanced aquatics in schamburgh, theres a few others i mentioned in another thread in our IL. forum most of these are good for one reason or another.. Be careful at living sea i new i guy that worked for them for many years he said they'd say they quarinteen fish but truly just through them in the show tanks,

There is an good place in Beach park on the corner of Wadsworth and Lewis. Its not the best but does have a desenct selection of fish and some coral. The prices are better then some other LFS I've been to. Its way better then the Petco by me. I also list a real good coral in Crystal Lake in the What LFS you use post.

It is off 94 south before you get to Gurnee. It is 13 miles from Kenosha and about 50 south of Milwaukee.

I found the address and stuff:

Happyland Pet Ctr
Address: 11432 W Wadsworth Rd, Beach Park, IL 60099
Phone: (847) 872-2223

I don't know how far south you would go but, Aquatica in Tinley Park is a great place. It's on Oak Park Ave just north of 167th St. and just east of Harlem Ave.

i am new to the hobby and have not been to many LFS yet but, a newer store in kenosha wi is called fishy bizzness. it is in the downtown area near the marina. they have been very useful in setting up our new tank and their fish appear healthy and active as well as clean tanks.

steve r

Back
Top Bottom