Need to find a fish store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Live in Rockford Illinois. I need to find a dedicated fish only store. Not a petco, petland, petsmart, etc kind of store. A real fish store were people know what they are talking about and plenty of selection. Does anyone know of a place??

How about Prime Aquatics on 7th st in Rockford or Aquarium Adventure in Hoffman Estates on Golf Rd...this would be a 50 minute ride.

How about Prime Aquatics on 7th st in Rockford or Aquarium Adventure in Hoffman Estates on Golf Rd...this would be a 50 minute ride.

Aquarium Adventure is where I used to buy most of my fish, cool store. Got ick from them, I think its twice now. The second time wiping out half my tank :O. They have a huge selection of plants, and cool employees

Aquarium Adventure is where I used to buy most of my fish, cool store. Got ick from them, I think its twice now. The second time wiping out half my tank :O. They have a huge selection of plants, and cool employees

I've have purchased a few fish during their sales and has always had good luck, but they are probally the best shop in out area for fish, dry goods, and supplies.

HUKIT said:
I've have purchased a few fish during their sales and has always had good luck, but they are probally the best shop in out area for fish, dry goods, and supplies.

Yeah, I agree. You just gotta be careful. Their yearly half off sale can't be beat!

This aquarium adventure looks fantastic and not to far away. Thanks!!!

Ben9 said:
This aquarium adventure looks fantastic and not to far away. Thanks!!!

Have fun! I could spend hours in that store. Endless selection.

I honestly can't argue with those points. Its just the most local for me. Any other places in the Mchenry county area you could recommend?

I just went to Tropiquatics in Lombard and I love it. They had some fish that you don't run into too often like tons of philippine blue angels, ebrs, and mono argentus

if in the old orchard area there is old orchard aquarium off church and skokie they have lots of salt and a good selection of fresh water to good staff....thats where i get live feed like black worms

I just went to Tropiquatics in Lombard and I love it. They had some fish that you don't run into too often like tons of philippine blue angels, ebrs, and mono argentus

Based on your post I made the one hour drive and I can say that I was not impressed at all. The stock was very cookie cutter with a few exceptions, the tanks were not clean, the prices were average to high, and not once was I asked by a employee if I needed help and I was passed by 3 of them without even a simple hello. So my review is don't waste your time, most local Petsmart have the same stock and better prices.

This was based on freshwater only, they do have a decent number of saltie tanks but I'll be honest I'm not educated enough on that to comment.

HUKIT said:
Based on your post I made the one hour drive and I can say that I was not impressed at all. The stock was very cookie cutter with a few exceptions, the tanks were not clean, the prices were average to high, and not once was I asked by a employee if I needed help and I was passed by 3 of them without even a simple hello. So my review is don't waste your time, most local Petsmart have the same stock and better prices.

This was based on freshwater only, they do have a decent number of saltie tanks but I'll be honest I'm not educated enough on that to comment.

Wow really? Sorry about that, my esperience was the opposite. The selection was great when I was there

ok if your still looking for a place there is a little dive i found it was once called Scotts out in brookfield il now its in oakpark il same owner good deals always willing to please the customer..If he dont have it he will order it for you plant or fish prices are fair its no chain store so there trying to make a living...heres a web site if you want to check it out before you take hike out to the city....(y) o yeah he has killer drift wood for center pieces plus texas holly rock and more for fair prices..that site is via facebook sorry about that

Back
Top Bottom