New tank setup Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan87500

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am new to the forum and the hobby and getting ready to setup a 36 gallon bow front tank. I don't know anyone with a fish tank and was wondering if there are reputable stores etc that sell used sponges to help the cycling process. Maybe that is not even something they do.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you have any other tanks, I would take water from them and add some to the new tank. But if your just beginning I would suggest getting ammonia to help cycle the tank

Unfortunately no other fish tanks. I will probably go the route of adding ammonia and testing then.

Thanks

Your welcome, and do you know what your going to stock in the tank?

I haven't figured that all out yet. I originally got the tank for my daughters so they want to use colored gravel on the bottom. I would like to put a few plants in the tank so trying to figure out what plants would work best in gravel. Been also looking at getting some driftwood or rocks to add to the bottom. As for fish we were planning on going to a LFS to look around a bit. Obviously they are going to want fish with some color. I am willing to take any advice you might want to provide!

If you want guppies, I breed them, they are cobras.

Guppies were definately on the top of the list from the pictures. I will send you a PM to get details on where you are located etc.

Me Fischer in the classifieds sells seeded sponges to get your BB in motion fast.

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

Back
Top Bottom