Ohio Crew sign in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite LFS is aquarium adventures. Have not found a jack's that was clean enough, or with a staff that wanted to help. Haven't had the best of luck with fish from petco at the Lennox, but their staff is helpful and tanks are always clean.

Would any one want some fancy guppy fry? My female has dropped forty in the past month.

Would it help if I put up pictures? Some leopard and some flame rd ones. Not sure how else to describe the red ones but their coloration is awesome.

Johnstown here
I shop at jacks easton
sometimes ill go to aquarium adventure and I don't buy anything live from them I couldn't keep 1 saltwater thing alive
Ill go to petsmart at easton mostly for reptile stuff the other day I couldn't believe one of the employies there gave good advice about a goldfish.

If i go to jacks easton I only deal with Eric he is the manager at the store

Now days I just order online from livedishdirect or doctor foster

Last edited:
Hey guys just seen this thread im from the Lima area, Delphos to be exact. Great to see some ohio reefers

Originally from NEO, got into the hobby with Two Turtles. Now I live in Columbus, I am currently attending The Ohio State University. Go Bucks!

Originally from NEO, got into the hobby with Two Turtles. Now I live in Columbus, I am currently attending The Ohio State University. Go Bucks!

That wouldn't happen to be Two Turtles on Market St. in Akron, would it??? Bought my first parrot & first snake from them back '89 while at U of A.

NANFA is the North American Native Fishes Assn. Their national convention runs Sept 13-16 at Salt Fork (north of Cambridge) and includes speakers, banquet and auction, and multiple collecting trips. The emphasis is on native fishes and the ecosystems their found in.

I don't have the link or convention info in front of me, but it's on the NANFA website, and they're still accepting registrations. I've looked at the speaker list, and some of the "heavy hitters" in the hobby are on the schedule. Also, given the variety of collecting locales (and thus ecosystems sampled), it should be a great opportunity to see the diversity that's in Ohio waters.

Hope this helps!

I plan to be at NANFA on Friday, September 14th and Sunday the 16th. I think they're still accepting registrations....

Just spent yesterday at the GCKA picnic/collecting trip in Cinci on the Whitewater River, water higher and more turbid than usual due to the rains over the weekend, so our fish totals/species counts were down. Still plenty of darters (rainbow and greenside, mostly juvies), minnows (spotfin and bigeye shiners and others), suckers (juvenile northern?), madtoms (stonecats and what was either a brindled or northern), blue or channel cat (juvie), tadpoles (green or leopard frog?), juvie cricket frogs, crayfish, and hellgrammites.

Hello OHIO! I live in Westlake and work in Parma Heights. Freshwater here, been shopping at Pet's General in Lakewood and RMS Aquaculture in Middleburg Heights. Any other can't miss stores in this area?

Kellie said:
Hello OHIO! I live in Westlake and work in Parma Heights. Freshwater here, been shopping at Pet's General in Lakewood and RMS Aquaculture in Middleburg Heights. Any other can't miss stores in this area?

Yes. Something Fishy on State Rd. just north of 480. Limited hours but an awesome selection and high quality. Dave knows his stuff. They have website so check there for his hours.

Guess I should add that I am from Chardon.

Strongsville here. There is a great place in valley city called aquatica...they are open thurs, fri 12-8 and sat, sun 12-5. Great store, very large cichlids selection as well as saltwater

Two Turtles in Akron has freshwater nano fish! They have cpds and signifiers...possibly others. I definitely saw those two. :D

Back
Top Bottom