Ohio Crew sign in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm about 45 minutes from there, but only have FW tanks going right now so it doesn't help me too much. There's a pretty nice SW place In Holland off of holland sylvania rd as well. Beware of the dog they keep in there though, he was a vicious little thing towards me lol

But like I said, I'm FW only for now, I've heard some good things about a place in Ashland, but don't get out there very often.

Oh, has anyone else gone to and had problems with aquarium adventure in Columbus?
The last few times I've went, I bought Pygmy cories (habeosus) and they died after 3 days, store only has a 48 hr return policy.... It's not from my care either, fully established tanks, perfect water 0, 0, 10, and I can keep every other Pygmy alive other than the ones purchased from them.
They also keep selling me mis labelled plants. I know what they are but they think I'm just trying to get them to sell it for a lower price...

I don't buy anything live from them for that exact reason a matter a fact I just stopped going. My favorite place is Jack's pets. But I.haven't even been there in for ever. Now i do most of all my needs online.

Most of my shopping is done online now as well, just because I like knowing my fish came from a reputable breeder. But I also like looking around at different shops. I'll have to check out jack's next time I'm in that area.

Going to Toledo/maumee tomorrow, hoping to find a store to check out over there.

The shop in circleville is called pro pet shop. It doesn't look the most professional but they are very knowledgable about their fish. He is big on cichlids but will get you almost anything you want. His prices are about half of anyone around. I drive the 45 minutes there with no problem when I'm buying a fish.
Aquarium adventure over charges in my opinion. I only buy feeder goldfish and guppies there now. But they do have great service, I've never gone more than 5 minutes without someone checking on me. If I'm in the area I'll stop but only if I'm in the area for another reason.
Does anyone know of any other good places in southern Ohio?

Thanks Andy, I'll have to check it out if I'm ever in that area too. And after hearing that I'm not the only one with bad experience from AQ adventure, I'll be avoiding it unless I can't find something in my area that is cheaper there than online.

By the way, anyone have any panda cories they would be willing to sell me for a good price?

Today I went to the let store in circleville, the owner sold me a breeding pair of convicts and their fry for $10. He then spent 25 minutes to make sure I had the correct 2 convicts that were mates. He also ordered me 5 electric blue jack dempseys for $110. Aquarium adventure wanted $100 a piece for them. I recommend at least a visit for anyone in the area who loves cichlids and a great price.

Back
Top Bottom