Ohioan Aquarists...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've noticed a ton of aquarists are from Ohio. Including me! So all of you Ohioans out there show your appreciation and feel free to post on here. OHIO!(y)

Ohioan here ,20 minutes west of Cleveland. Idk if ohio deserves a :(y): right now, our weather feels like fall :/ where are you from?

Haha, I feel you bthomas! It's been pretty cold here in Delaware (about 25mi north of Columbus). But I guess it's nice when you're doing yard work-not as much sweat! Well, I guess hello to all fellow aquarist Ohioans:wave:

Cincinnati here ! No real LFS here in ohio aquaria sucks in this state !

Agreed with the lack of fish stores! The only one that has a large variety of fish around me is Aquarium Adventure. It's an okay place, but highly priced and not the best stock (health wise).

Oh you Buckeyes! I got dear friends in Columbus. I go see them every few years. They are football fanatics and we have had so much fun exchanging Buckeye and Razorback paraphenalia over the years. It was a hoot when Ohio and Arkansas played each other a couple of years ago. We kept the internet smoking teasing each other back & forth. They always made me feel so welcome and showed me a great time. They would make me talk alot so they could hear my southern drawl. Great state, great people! Northeast Ohio looks exactly like here in NW Arkansas. Went there to pick up a camper in 2005.
My buckeye friends say Ohio is a drinking state with a football problem. LOL OS.

Agreed with the lack of fish stores! The only one that has a large variety of fish around me is Aquarium Adventure. It's an okay place, but highly priced and not the best stock (health wise).

I have 5 great lfs near me!! And there is another pretty decent one about 10 minutes away that I've bought from before. I guess we are lucky near Cleveland...there are probably 4 more I've never visited yet but called looking for a few things

Oh you Buckeyes! I got dear friends in Columbus. I go see them every few years. They are football fanatics and we have had so much fun exchanging Buckeye and Razorback paraphenalia over the years. It was a hoot when Ohio and Arkansas played each other a couple of years ago. We kept the internet smoking teasing each other back & forth. They always made me feel so welcome and showed me a great time. They would make me talk alot so they could hear my southern drawl. Great state, great people! Northeast Ohio looks exactly like here in NW Arkansas. Went there to pick up a camper in 2005.
My buckeye friends say Ohio is a drinking state with a football problem. LOL OS.

I think we're football crazed drunks because theres NOTHING else to do here!! ;)

I'm in Butler County. I heard that Jack's store is good for fish?

Jacks is pretty good they have a fish of the month pass 2.99 $ value it's basically a free fish every month. But growing up they were jacks aquarium and had more aquarium stuff including saltwater but the 2 by me have just fresh and brackish now

Where is that? We have petsmart and jacks pets and that's it.

It's in Dublin (the only one in Ohio). We have PetSmart, Jacks Pets, PetCo, PetLand and then the other aquarium store around here. I mean we have a lot, but the petsmart/land/co all have basically the same fish and occasionally jacks will have a few odd ball fish.

I'm in Jackson center Ohio it's near Sidney and botkins and what saltwater fish do they sell at jacks aquarium in Sidney ?? Does anyone know??

I've seen a Jack's with clownfish and blue tangs. They had an arrowana for like $299 on sale, normally $399

Go Bucks!!

I order online for the most part or I shop at Jack's. I have bought livestock from aquarium adventure way back when I had saltwater. Couldn't keep a darn thing alive from there, now I just get plants. The other store around me I get dry goods only. I try not to go in those stores because it is upsetting.

By the way I'm in Johnstown, licking county I'm about a half hour to 45 min.. from Columbus Easton area.

Pataskala, OH here... 20 minutes east of Columbus. I typically go to Pet Supplies Plus as they are the only Lfs close to me that had Rams. Overall though Jack's at Easton has the best selection of both fresh and saltwater.

GO BUCKS!!

Pataskala, OH here... 20 minutes east of Columbus. I typically go to Pet Supplies Plus as they are the only Lfs close to me that had Rams. Overall though Jack's at Easton has the best selection of both fresh and saltwater.

GO BUCKS!!

Agreed ^^ I do miss the store manager Eric that always would let me know what kind of special deals he could get me on open box stuff.

I can't believe I missed this thread! Thought I'd bring some life to it.
I'm in Mansfield, about 1hr north of Columbus and about 1hr south of Cleveland.
No really nice pet stores in the city itself, we have 1 LFS and then petsmart and pet supplies plus.
I know of a lot of breeders and stores in the Akron/canton area..actually there are a lot of them, but sadly it's about 45 minutes away so I don't get the chance to head up there much..
Do most of my fish supply shopping online on Aquabid because of this.

I can't believe I missed this thread! Thought I'd bring some life to it.
I'm in Mansfield, about 1hr north of Columbus and about 1hr south of Cleveland.
No really nice pet stores in the city itself, we have 1 LFS and then petsmart and pet supplies plus.
I know of a lot of breeders and stores in the Akron/canton area..actually there are a lot of them, but sadly it's about 45 minutes away so I don't get the chance to head up there much..
Do most of my fish supply shopping online on Aquabid because of this.

Welcome to the Ohio club. There is a club that people gather to every so often, that are from all over Ohio. I joined thinking everyone was from the Columbus area and found a guy that lives almost down the road. He actually breeds one of my favorites. I would rather make a half hour drive then paying shipping for some things

Welcome to the Ohio club. There is a club that people gather to every so often, that are from all over Ohio. I joined thinking everyone was from the Columbus area and found a guy that lives almost down the road. He actually breeds one of my favorites. I would rather make a half hour drive then paying shipping for some things

Thanks, I'm actually considering joining one of two clubs at the moment. NEOfish and/or the Medina Aquarium Society. I was looking into the one in Columbus as well but can't remember what it's called for the life of me, got any ideas?
If driving 1/2 an hour was all I had to do I'd be more inclined but it's an almost hour drive at minimum to the closest place and in a truck that isn't built for gas conservation and me not having much income I can't afford to make that kind of trip too often. Atleast till I have the heart to sell off my truck

Back
Top Bottom