Ohioan Aquarists...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I'm actually considering joining one of two clubs at the moment. NEOfish and/or the Medina Aquarium Society. I was looking into the one in Columbus as well but can't remember what it's called for the life of me, got any ideas?
If driving 1/2 an hour was all I had to do I'd be more inclined but it's an almost hour drive at minimum to the closest place and in a truck that isn't built for gas conservation and me not having much income I can't afford to make that kind of trip too often. Atleast till I have the heart to sell off my truck

I've heard of but never looked into the neofish place your talking about. The one I joined and is the one your talking about for Columbus is
http://www.columbusfishclub.org/
They also have a facebook page c.a.f.e. I feel your pain about the drive because I'm out in the middle of nowhere with at least a 30min.. drive to get anywhere. I have a dodge ram that just sits most of the time because of the gas use.

I'm in Ohio! Youngstown area...

Welcome

I've heard of but never looked into the neofish place your talking about. The one I joined and is the one your talking about for Columbus is
http://www.columbusfishclub.org/
They also have a facebook page c.a.f.e. I feel your pain about the drive because I'm out in the middle of nowhere with at least a 30min.. drive to get anywhere. I have a dodge ram that just sits most of the time because of the gas use.

Welcome

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out!
I have a 1996 GMC 2500 so gas on that isn't nearly as good as trucks these days. I think I get 15mpg highway lol
I am in the process of selling it right now for a more economic car now that I'm out of the horse business though so hopefully I'll be able to start attending more clubs.

I went into one of the pet supplies plus stores today and they are having the $1 sale on tanks and fish. They also have a slew of stuff on clearance.

Hi! I'm from the west side of Cleveland here. I am just starting to get into the hobby. Anyone know of good places to go besides the usual chains? I've been liking a place in Lakewood called Pets General Store. Anyone else go there?

Hi! I'm from the west side of Cleveland here. I am just starting to get into the hobby. Anyone know of good places to go besides the usual chains? I've been liking a place in Lakewood called Pets General Store. Anyone else go there?

My dads side of the family lives in that area so I'll have to ask them if they know of anywhere next time we talk. I know there are a couple great ones in the Cleveland area, just can't remember the name.

Cleveland has one of the top fish stores in Ohio. I've personally never been to it because it's to far. But it may be something for you to look into.
http://www.somethingfishyinc.net/
I know there are a ton of local facebook groups for up there that are buy/sell/trade. Some of us down here actually get fish from people up there.

Cincinnati here. Monfort aquarium & pets seems to be a nice LFS. I have only been there once but It looks much better than the chain stores.

Just ran across this one.... don't check the regional section very often.

Originally from the Cleveland area, now in Miamisburg, southwest of Dayton

I'm in Jackson in between Massillon and canton ..z only local owned fish store I know is Louisville oh large tanks

AquaKai & Justin144 We are practically neighbors I am in Marengo.

Do you have salt tanks ?? And if so we're do you go to get your stuff ? Like live rock ? I go to Petco for the little things like food and filter supplies but I have been gojng to aquarium adventure in Colombus for fish ?

I just have a 29gal community tank usually just go to Petsmart. My brother lives in Grove city & has salt tanks but I don't know where he gets his stuff. I have been to Aquarium Adventure its a nice place, but I hate going to that area the traffic sucks ALL the time.

When I had salt I went to jacks pets or ordered online. I got to know the store manager really well and he would show me what he can order if I wanted something on the list

Ok I'm sure your all aware of the Colombus zoo , but have any of you tried touring there aquarium from behind the scenes ?? If cost me 15$ and it was somthing amazing ! I totally recommend it !! :) there filters are huge !!!! The protein skimmer is almost two stories high . But it's very neat !!! :) look at their wild encounters yours !!

Back
Top Bottom