People who live in Kansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm from Overland Park also. I have been to Paradise Aquatics a couple of times and they were ok. There is a place in the Great Plains Mall in Olathe called Aquarium Wholesale. They are good. They test my water for free and have everything I needed to get set up. Also it's the only place that had a mantis shrimp (which is what I was looking for)

There's a Midwest Reefs in KC by the downtown airport, haven't checked it out yet but planning to. I'm by KCI btw, welcome fellow kc members.

I live in omaha, no way im driving that far just to trade fish or plants but will keep it in mind if you would want to trade thru the mail. What type of fish/waterplants are you into?

I live in omaha, no way im driving that far just to trade fish or plants but will keep it in mind if you would want to trade thru the mail. What type of fish/waterplants are you into?

I'm a freshwater fish, haven't had any angels or cichlids but that'll happen one day..

Ahh i see your thing at bottom now. Yes im imto guppies as well. Glad to see another hobbyist nearby i also have fancy goldfish and koi. I keep hb reds. If you go fishcrazy and decide to setup a fishroom i can help with advicw and trades and such lol

Ahh i see your thing at bottom now. Yes im imto guppies as well. Glad to see another hobbyist nearby i also have fancy goldfish and koi. I keep hb reds. If you go fishcrazy and decide to setup a fishroom i can help with advicw and trades and such lol

Awesome, thanks, and idk about a fish room but something similar lol.

Im in the KC area. A store I really like Is Olathe Pet Shop on 151st and Murlen I believe. The guy working there is always very kind and helpful. Also, there is a new fancy fish store called Picasso Exotic Aquatics in the new Park Place at Leawood Town center located at Nall and 117th. They seem like they're mostly for show and everything is ridiculously expensive- but they have cool stuff including two 700+ gallon tanks!

Im in the KC area. A store I really like Is Olathe Pet Shop on 151st and Murlen I believe. The guy working there is always very kind and helpful. Also, there is a new fancy fish store called Picasso Exotic Aquatics in the new Park Place at Leawood Town center located at Nall and 117th. They seem like they're mostly for show and everything is ridiculously expensive- but they have cool stuff including two 700+ gallon tanks!

Hmmm, i'll have to check that Picasso Exotic place out, especially the 700g tanks... I may have to make a trip down to the Olathe store and see if they have any good quality plants... and also nice to meet you Zerbeb.

Definitely check it out! I bet your gf would like to come too, it's on a cute little plaza-like street with some good (but pricey) restaurants as well. They even have pretty lights strung on the trees and an ice-skating rink in the winter. Perfect date night location!

And yes, Olathe pet shop does have a good selection of plants

Haha, yeah I've been in that area a time or two, this shop must be recently new.... Thank you though, wish these shops were up closer here in the northland.

Back
Top Bottom