People who live in Kansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4ewe said:
I live in cassoday which is like a hour away from you south

Have you found any decent LFS in the area? I have been looking around and it's not what it used to be 10 yes ago. I have struggling to find a LFS that carries good stock.

Hey there, I'm from Overland Park, KS and hubby and I just started setting up our first salt water tank. We just put in 3 snails and 2 yellow tailed damselfish as test subjects to make sure the tank is ready for more permanent and expensive residents. We have a 75 gal. tank and are getting all our advice from some very newbie friendly people at "Paradise Aquatics" located at 119th street and approximately Metcalf Ave. They've been extremely helpful in testing our tank water for free and giving non-salesman-like advice. In fact, this evening we went in to buy our favorite fish to begin stocking and were advised to just get the "tester" fish we ended up getting to start with so as not to waste our money in case there was still something off with the tank. I recommend them highly and also welcome any advice from this site as my family continues to "test the waters" this year. :)

Finally fellow kansans!!!!! Yes petworld in Lawrence is absolutely the best one I've been to. Olathe has one that's not too bad, just can't remember where...

People live in western kansas!? Jk, I can't help with that one. How far west are you?

That's like out by colby? Hmmm, have you tried finding something in Hays? Or if your further south, dodge city. I just can't think of too many good LFS out west...

I live in lawrence, and yes petworld is one of the better lfs out there. Although they still mis label fish and such lfs things. But they are good.

I live in Overland Park. BTW Series. I managed Pet World's fish room from 2005-2007. Tim's a good friend of mine.

BirdDog Funk said:
I live in Overland Park. BTW Series. I managed Pet World's fish room from 2005-2007. Tim's a good friend of mine.

I'm in Minnesota, lived in overland park for 8 years, still have family there, just off of metcalf. Great town!

Dodge city has a descent one. They arent very big but, they have been growing the past few months.

Garden City

There is a LFS here in Garden City, hol e in the wall but healthy fish for the most part. Hardly any plants though :S And very limited Saltwater Selection. But his prices are very reasonable. It's Tropical Arena, 911 N. 9th St. If you are interested in checking it out. I'm pretty sure he is just in it for the hobby because he never "salesman"s me.

anybody still around??? i'm new to the hobby, live in wellington, just south of wichita...great lfs in wichita, The Aquarium in Old Town...Rick and Tonya are great, very willing to help and won't try to sell you "stuff" you don't need...can't recommend them highly enough.

Getting back in to the hobby after moving back to the Wichita, KS area need to find a place or person in the area that sells RO/DI water. Will be needing around 40 gals. to set up a small 29 gallon tank. Use to have a 75, 38, and 22 gal. tanks and found that the RO/DI water worked best. Will be running an in tank sump with this tank and would like to start off right. Any help would be great Thanks.

RO/DI Water in Wichita

try The Aquarium in Old Town
1001 E. Douglas
Wichita, KS, 67212
(316)262-2418

Rick and Tonya the owners are absolutely top notch...

The other aquarium store in town is:
Marine Extreme
6249 E. 21st N. Ste 116
Wichita,KS 67208

Back
Top Bottom