Possible South Central Illinois Club?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was thinking of arranging a club. I know we could get a pretty good amount of members. Dean at Slice of Nature has said that he would let us meet there so we could get it organized. Please give me your thoughts on this. Its not something I want to tackle alone, so any help I will be greatful for.

I would be interested, the only problem is that half the time i'm at school so i don't know how active i could be during the school year.

Well, for starters, right now the best thing you guys could do is refer people to this forum. That way we can get some decent members. Right now we only have 4 active people in this area so we need more. Once we get more members in this forum we can start talking about a possible time to meet.

I would say we could start a club now if someone wants to volunteer to host a party. My canopy and stand are not done or I would do it. If you guys would like to have the first one at Deans we could also do that. I have never been in a club so I dont know how its done. I guess we would start out with membership being for free. Then later on I guess we could charge a little and have someone put on a beer and bbq fish meeting. Any input is welcome, let me know what you guys think. After being at Deans big sale I know we could get quite a few members. :mrgreen:

hey mike i'm thinking about stoping by deans this weekend if you have your canopy done i'd like to see your tank.

Sunday or Saturday afternoon would be good for me. I could meet you over there and you could follow me to my house. Let me know what time you will be going.

Howdy,
Is the club you are proposing more of a Vandalia - Carbondale region? There is already a Central Illinois reef club called CIMA. There are members from all over the state Including St. Louis area, Springfield, Bloomington, Normal, Peoria, Champaign, Mattoon, Jacksonville (I think?), Decatur, etc. Anyone anwhere who wants is more than welcome at CIMA. We have a lot of members who come when it's near their hometown and a lot of members who are the die-hard regulars :D The website is http://www.cimaquarists.homestead.com/index.html

Thanks!
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom