Problems With Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yos97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have a question about my planted aquarium. I currently have 3 kinds of plants in there. Anubia, Mermaid and Wisteria. The Anubia and Mermaid plants seem very healthy and have grown quite a bit however the Wisteria is turning a yellowish color especially at the top. It is the tallest plant and it basically sits at the top of the waterline but still sumerged. I wonder if it is too close to the light that is on the hood. Could too much light or it being close to it be causing it to do so ?

I use this stuff regularly

Attachments

• 1484512097087.jpg
    1484512097087.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 162
You could always cut the wisteria top off and plant it. That allows your plant to grow back thicker and more compact. As well as gaining a new plant

Oh ok yhea I thought about that but I was sure how good the Wisteria grows after being cut

It's fine if you have enough light for them. They will grow back and you'll get 2 stems where that one was. They usually grow back pretty quick

Oh ok yhea I thought about that but I was sure how good the Wisteria grows after being cut

Wisteria grows like a weed. If you're lighting is even mediocre, it will grow. Cut the stem just above a couple of leaf nodes -- this will be where new branches sprout. You can then replant the top, first trimming off any leaves that would be under the substrate.

Alright I will give that a try thanks a lot for your help

Back
Top Bottom