Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-09-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to pondmom Send a message via Yahoo to pondmom

I'm startiing a SW tank and so therefore looking for about 130# of sand.
Just wondering if anyone has extra they are willing to part with

Happy Ponding
5000gal + outdoor pond
125 gal FW tank
pondmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 08:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I get sand from the local concrete place. Most gravel places sell sand too. Yes they wash and sort it but not enough for aquarium use. But like any other substrate you have to wash it. Some places will just give you some and some charge a few dollars per bucket (5 Gallon). Thats seems like a lot of sand. How big of a tank? I put about ten gallons of sand in my 125. I didn't weigh it.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via ICQ to Thaiboxer
10 Gallons of sand is pretty heavy! I know that the 6 gallons of rock I just put in my new 125 was 50 pounds, so you probably put 100+ pounds of sand in your 125 without realizing it.

I'll start a SW someday...
Thaiboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
i do have some but it is cc and i have about 5 lbs left at the most.
A 46 gal bow front (Soft coral) reef tank with a 10 gal sump. And a 30 gal (SPS and Clam) reef tank hooked up to the sump of the 46 so they share water.
WarOrks15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com