Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-18-2004, 03:00 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
Shake things up

I have been gone awhile and the IL people still dont talk much. :P

Lets see some action people!!

Old 03-18-2004, 05:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

not sure if there enough to keep things intresting unlike rc there are tons ?!?!?

Old 03-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Most regional conversations seem to revolve around going to various aquarium society meetings, conventions, and trades. So I'll propose that someone trade me a nice 55 gal tank for one of my pond comets.
RogerMcAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:05 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
On the contrary, RC has 55000 members and has lost its personal feeling. Impossible to keep up with threads unless you live on the forum. But it is a great place to buy and sell. Thats all I use it for. Been belittled by "know it alls" too many times.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

i agree 100 % i like it for its local trading for sure but also there are so many ways people keep reef tanks or ways it works for them and not others !! so imo ya can be belittled anywere at anytime due to that issue alone so cant take it personal like your thread about changing water or not changing it !! some that know whats going on can !! others even changing it every day will kill everything !! i guess why this hobby is so very unique !! like testing water honestly how often do you ?? me personally not that often (ca the most often) but can look at the animals and tell if something is a miss !!

curious whats a pond comet?? im guessing a type of gold fish ??
Old 03-27-2004, 02:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Scuba.....check the night sky on March 28th around 10 PM.......if you see something flying in the western sky, it might be a pond comet......or maybe something else...LOL

We all seem to live fairly close to one another. We should all just pick a day this summer and get together. Cook out, drink a few beers, chit chat, and meet each other. If I could talk my wife into it, I would have it at my house. Got a big backyard and a nice pool.

Well anyway, it would be nice to put faces to some of the people her. I belong to alot of different forums and have made friends with a few of the people. Funny, you make friends with someone you have never met and you feel like you have known them forever and you relize you don't even know what they look like...LOL

Maybe thats the best way...LOL

We should plan something to get together. Maybe even start our own aquatics club.

Peace,

Mike
5-6 Inch Sand Bed-200+ lbs of LR
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

A pond comet is a fancy name for a common goldfish that is 3+ inches so they can charge more for people to put them in their ponds.

A $.29 feeder turns into a pond comet in one summer.

RogerMcAllen is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com