Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2004, 11:45 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks a million JimXRS. I am currently have a 46g tank, but I am planning for a tank >90g. So these Southdown is actually for the new tank. I think I would need 3-4 bags. I can drive to pick up the sand if you want or you can drop-off when you visit your sister. Well, just to your convenient. Just let me know how much I should pay you. Thanks again......

Old 02-05-2004, 07:27 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sorry for the delay Boxster. Work was busy the last couple of weeks so I neglected the hunt for Southdown I should be able to check the local HD's for more within the next couple of days. PM me if you don't hear from me by Saturday!

Old 02-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Well, it seems the Franklin HD is still outta Southdown. They said they are waiting for a shipment, but the person I talked to did not know when it was supposed to arrive. I'll call again this weekend to see if its come in. Boxster, I should be able to pick yours up if you still need em? Also, someone else PM'd me about some and I can't remember who, since I deleted all of them. Oh well, write back!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:17 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks very much JimXRS. I am assuming Franklin is in Wisconsin. Do you know how far the drive it is from Crystal Lake, IL to Franklin?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:36 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to loganizzi
Just wanted to let you all know that I was just at HomeDepot tonight in Naperville (75th St and Rte 59) and they had about a dozen or so bags of Southdown sand sitting in their garden dept. I have no desire to rip apart my tanks and change out the substrate or I would have grabbed a few bags myself.

Good luck...
Old 05-04-2004, 05:46 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to firerescue2002
I need some SD 200lbs in the springfield Illinois area. If there is anyone close to this area that has some sand and would sell me some id greatly appreciate it. I would be willing to travel some distance say about an hour from springfield, Chicago/Bolingbrook is too far.... Can anyone help me...

Andrew
Old 09-26-2004, 12:37 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
i dont know if anyone else has heard of this one buts its called tropical play sand. it's in a red/blue bag and the sand is white. its aragnite. 7$ for 50 lbs.. the home depot in roscoe/machesney has it. it looks really cool in tanks. just kinda hard to clean.

Tags
sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com