Southdown Sand AVAILABLE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
To all in the chicagoland area. I was at Home Depot in Bolingbrook and they had about 2 dozen bags of Southdown left after I got mine. Typically, Home Depot uses TC sand out of Chicago around here.

TC is not a caribbean sand, nor is it oval shaped. TC is the plant on Halstead by the river who also supplies concrete companies with sand.

SD is just better.

It was outside on a pallet in the lawn and garden section in clear bags with white and blue labels.

think ya bought the wrong sand !! unless it fizzes with vinegar!! i looked all over and seen some that looks like southdown but south down has the little boy on the front !! mabe it was gone already but i had no luck there !! you are talkin about the home depot on weber(naperville rd) and like bouton rd ??? only one i know of !

I've got the southdown with the little boy on the front. I got it at the one on boughton and naperville road. I called all of the home depots at the time and they were the only ones. When I bought mine, there were about 20 bags left, but that was a month ago.

hummm mabe i look again !! need like 20 bags and found the closest being in milwaukee which i was gonna drive up this weekend and get some for $8 a bag

have you ever been to pagoda pet shop in lockport?? private owner really nice guy not the biggest selection but i try to help keep in business as much as i can !! but i got him changing to a deep sand bed in some of his tanks so he wants like 10 bags him self !! and i want to change over my 70 and 55 to sand as well !!

Hey, do you guys actually call every Home Depot looking for Southdown?! I need at least three 50 pound bags for my new tank and refugium. I'm actually in Pleasant Prairie, WI. right over the border. If any of you know any Home Depots that have any now it would be greatly appreciated, and yes I am willing to go for an extended drive :wink: Guess I should start calling around :D

call the ones in milwaukee dont have the number on me but they have south down there !! i know it not out in the open was told they pput it up high in the racks so other people dont get confused and or buy it due to they ordered it for people mainly wanting it for fish tanks !! it $8 a bag !! also if i remeber right there is only two there !!! can get ya number if need be !!

I stay in Crystal Lake, IL. I need some southdown as well. My local Home Depot is not helpful and they are not even willing to help me ask where other Home depot has southdown.

well ive been wanting to run to milwaukee to get some my self but need a truck due to i need alot :-(

Well, I'll start calling the stores tomorrow. Need to get some soon! I'll respond here tomorrow if I find any. Scuba_Steve, thinking about making a SW pond or what?!

Well what do you know?! First store I call and they have some! 8O I'll be heading out this evening to go pick it up :twisted: I called the HD in Franklin and they had 7 bags left, the lady said some were damaged so hopefully I get the NON-damaged ones (I'm getting four of them). Thanks for the help!

Boxster, I have a sister in Prairie Grove which is right next to Crystal Lake. If you need some I may be able to help you out. Got any frags? :lol:

Boxster, I have 4 bags and I've realized I only need 3. So, I have 1 extra already. I'll call the stores and see who has more. How many bags do you need? The 50lbs bags I bought were $6.99 each so whatever you feel is a fair price since I'll actually deliver them when I get the chance. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom