SW advice Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieSr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there, I was thinking about starting a SW tank when I found this Ad.

FULL SALTWATER SET-UP, 125 GAL OCEANIC TANK, WITH OAK STAND. INCLUDES PRISM PRO SKIMMER, 2 EMPEROR 440 BIO WHEELS, 2 CIRCULATION PUMPS, 150 WATT HEATER, ALL CORAL SKELETAL DECORATIONS, ROCK, MAINTENANCE EQUIPMENT, FROZEN FOOD, ETC, ALL INCLUDED. SYSTEM 2 YEARS OLD. MEDICAL CONDTIONS FORCED TO SELL.

Could anyone tell me what more I may need to complete my set-up?

under gravel filter, trickle filter maybe?

Thank You

under gravel filter

NO. A UGF is not a good thing for salt tanks. Aside from what is listed you will need additional salt mix so you can prepair for a water change once things are moved. Does this tank include fish? Any info on the lighting?

What are your goals? Do you just want a fish only style tank or would you like to keep corals. If you do want to keep corals knowing the lighting setup will be critical.

The tank comes with no fish, but the guy told me that it comes with all the water testing kits, a fan? basically (actually) what he said is just add water and your off to the races it comes with salt also.

The light he told me was a 50\50, as I'm not to sure how the SW ligfhting works yet I believe what he told me is that it will support some coral growth, the kind that grows on rocks but that's about it.

He also said that if I wanted to support any other growth I would be looking to spend about $800 on new lights, does this sound correct?

Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom