The Fish Store in Lincoln

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

As stated in the subject line, I am talking about The Fish Store on North 48th here in Lincoln. Today I saw one of the worst cases of Ich I have ever seen. They had a tank of guppies, and each fish was just saturated with Ich spots. I mean BAD saturated. I was appalled. It was quite obvious they were not being treated, either; nor was there a "not for sale" sign or the like. I made a smart-ass remark to the folks there and left. :whip:

Fish Store is hit and miss. sometimes I go in there and it looks great. Other times its abysmal.
I think the biggest problem is a few of the guys there know fish, but all those pretty young ladies there don't know squat. I asked for an airline reducer once, and she pulled out a huge box of large (1") plumbing connectors. Thank god one of the guys stepped in and grabbed what I was after.
They won't take customer plants anymore either. I stop in sometimes because of thier SW stuff, which may or may not be healthy.
I shop more at Fish World down on south Cotner in the Piedmont shopping area. Its very plain, but John knows his fish, and won't sell sick ones. If you ask if one of the newer SW fish has been eating, he'll toss in some flake food to prove the fish has an appitite.

Back
Top Bottom