Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest & the Dakotas

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Burks Send a message via MSN to Burks
Well I just went to Tropical Reef.

Was kind of "iffy" in the freshwater depeartment. Lots of nice SW fish though. Raning from about $15 to $250. Their one big display tank is pretty darn stunning.

Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hc8719 Send a message via MSN to hc8719
burks, dont by anything there, its all over priced.

percula clownfish were $16 at pet supplies plus (on airport) and $19 at gary's but $44 at tropical reef. thats just one example

peppermint shrimp run at $7-9, but are $15 at tropical reef, and i doubt their membership thing helps enough to make it worth it

"Atrocities are not less atrocities when they occur in laboratories and are called medical research."
George Bernard Shaw
hc8719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been in there and it is the best store I have seen so far in this city for corals and anemones, like the stuff that is not usually in these parts, the guy gets his stuff from chicago I guess and they are kinda decently priced there was a 5 headed hammer head coral pink and they told me they wanted 55 which if you got that size off the website somewhere it would be way more. the wife tries to push sales but the guy is awesome, its a mom n pop store owned by a cpl. I went in there to get filters for my hang over the back filter and surrender my one spot foxface because it was eating my coral (bastage) and they had a brand new sump system and the guy told me everything for 200 including the pump and all I needed and I told him I was broke and he dropped it and said he would have it for a cpl days if I wanted to put some money to hold it down and I told him I was laid off and had to wait he completely dropped it but the wife would not shut up about it telling me they take credit cards even after I said that. don't like her but the rest is awesome in there! go check it out. thanks for this post I was looking for people in toledo who was in the hobby to chat with and associate with incase of issues and help ya know! I have only been in the hobby since jan 12th and just got things down to keep my inverts happy then I get ich on my regal tang and to find out I could have used my uv sanitizer with my new sump all along I just was too tired to think after putting that sump under the stand, that was a pain and now the bulb is out which sucks gotta get another one tomorrow...ugh! Hope this helps with your ?! but when I get money I am going back to get some great stuff for my tank coral wise!!!!

75galreeftolohio is offline   Reply With Quote

led, reef, tropical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com