Twin Cities area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bschowa

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey, anyone on here from the twin cities area? im from river falls, well i just moved here and i was looking for a good lfs that sold quality fish and live plants! anyone know of one?

I'm from Woodbury right across the river.... What are you looking for salt or fresh.... I know a few good saltwater places...

The area is great... There are lakes and rivers all over the place... Also there are many things to do downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis..... As far as fish go I'm not to familiar with any great fresh water shops... I know there are a few petcos and petsmarts around.... Some times those are alright....

I'm fairly new to owning an aquarium and having fish, but I've read a lot on this forum as well as another and heard positive comments about World of Fish. They are located off Cedar Avenue and 66th by the MSP airport. Been to the store a few times and the staff are very helpful. It's a great store with a lot of varieties of fish - freshwater, saltwater and ponds. I highly recommend this store and just picked up a couple of Pineapple Swordtails this afternoon.

i just found a pretty decent lfs in champlin mn called terre quatics they have loads of live plants and there prices are decent. much better than the big box stores for sure and the people that work there are super friendly and know there stuff.

only downside is they have weird hours and are closed somedays...

520 Jefferson Hwy N (<p>Corner of 169 and Dean Ave</p>)
Champlin, MN 55316

im going to keep searching the area and see what else i can find

oh, i almost forgot, this is the local store i go to to get supplies, they dont have a very good selection of fish or plants at the hudson store and no fish at all at the river falls store but they can order things in, its called angels pet world

Angel's Pet World | Home

WOOT WOOT!!!! 3 CHEERS FOR MINNESOTANS!!!! XD

I know a great store in east side saint paul where you can trust REAL healthy fish and VERY unique freshwater plants. It might be a "bit" pricy BUT ITS WORTH IT :D

This store is a small store located in a very small building with many other stores. Its like a small mall with 10 stores in it.
There's not a lot of varieties of fish because this store was mostly meant for betta fish but there are fish like guppies, tiger barbs, etc. but dont expect too much out of it~ This store is also VERY qualitated because the fish in the store are seperated by gender so you won't have to worry about any females getting pregnant.

The owner of this store is very trusty, i mean, i asked him if he has any platies, he doesnt, but he was happy enough to look for healthy ones for me, he eventually didnt find any, but he still did look for any fish for me that he doesnt have in his tank, so i really reccomend his shop, but beware, he does not sell any huge tanks because of the size of his store, but still, his store is a trusty place. And you can e-mail him anytime you want and he will e-mail you back during his work hours. :D

You can also find the most rarest bettas in his place if you happen want to look for bettas, like halfmoons, over halfmoons, there are some dragon bettas, and all of the kind. Will be pricy, but will be worth it if you manage to care for the bettas for long years.

The building that the store is in will be hard to find, but will be worth it, you just have to take the stairs downstairs until you find him, or just search around the place. :D

The building is a blue-ish kind of building with a yellow bricked entranced door.

Here's a picture of the building,
http://cbk2.google.com/cbk?output=t...4.984413,-93.066018&thumbpegman=1&w=300&h=118

Here is the website of his shop, his location will be found in the website. :D
The Betta Shop - The Betta Shop

This store has such good quality fish, i wonder why this store is not so popular. :)

Anyways, good luck looking for the fish you want in there!!!! :D

And if you want to, you can always look for petsmart and petcos online. :D

uncle dirty, where are you from?

are any of you part of the Minnesota Aquarium Society

What do you guys all stock your tanks with? anyone with cool exotic species?

does anyone know where a good place to get driftwood with decent prices is around here?

forest lake pets has always been good for me as well

Umm .. world of fish has driftwood.. wouldn't say its cheap tho..

there is a sponsored website on aquarium advice here that seems very reasonable. or do a Google search for driftwood for sale online .. I personally would rather pay the extra money and go to a store and buy it.
exotics and aquatics in mounds view or spring lake park, always has a lot of driftwwod that is all mounted onto slate stone.. seems expensive but after looking around it really isn't that expensive .. also they have a lot of supplies that are cheap... all their tanks are kind if gross but their fish look very healthy

i just found a pretty decent lfs in champlin mn called terre quatics they have loads of live plants and there prices are decent. much better than the big box stores for sure and the people that work there are super friendly and know there stuff.

only downside is they have weird hours and are closed somedays...

520 Jefferson Hwy N (<p>Corner of 169 and Dean Ave</p>)
Champlin, MN 55316

im going to keep searching the area and see what else i can find
I like this store too. I used to get things there while I lived in the state. They have super weird hours though. They seem to be closed on random days sometimes for no apparent reason.
They were closed every time I tried to go there on my last trip to MN back in Dec. I was sad.

Back
Top Bottom