What metal halide bulb do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
I accidentally deleted a post by kribbz while trying to split it off into its own forum. (sorry kribbz, still getting used to the moderator controls) I figured I would just start a new thread.

Kribbz said:
Hey I just noticed we all use 12000k bulbs. What are your thoughts on this bulb.

I use it because it was with the tank when I bought it. If I buy new ones I will go with 10000k, because I have heard that not all sps does well under 12000k, especially acropora. Thats why I have kind of held off on the sps.

Yes Dean told me that too but everyone else I talked to said there is no difference. Who really knows?

I traded my 12000k sunburst for 6500k Iwasakis. They should be here Friday, I'll let you know how they are. I have heard coral has its best growth under 6500k.

I really like the 6500K bulbs supplemented with actinic light. It looks really close to the sunlight in my opinion.

did you get your new canopy up and working. and also what type of bulbs are you doing like actinic and i know you have 400 watt but are the Iwasaki are what

Got my canopy built lights retroed and working. Still need to finish the outside of the canopy. I got two 400w Iwasakis and 4 corallife(i think) NO actinics. Looks sweet.

Back
Top Bottom