What size Air Pump 110 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hellathafish

Aquarium Advice Regular
We recently acquired a 110 gallon high FW tank. It came with an UGF (which we did not wish to use) and a Rena filstar xp3 filter. That is just some of the equipment. The fish are 1 5 year old silver dollar, 3 adult Convicts (1 a breeding pair.....suspected) Aproximately 14 baby convicts, a jack dempsey, and 2 8-10" common plecos. Yes we are looking at rehoming some of them! Well, after about 2 days (we had to rinse the gravel off, it was bad! However did not change the filter media) All of the fish were at the top gasping for air. Hooked up an extra air pump we had lying around and got them happy again.

Now that air pump doesn't work. We've got a 10 gal rated air pump blowing minute bubbles through 2 14" bubble bars, but I suspect I need to get something stronger.

This tank is 30" deep and I suspect we NEED to have those bubble bars going full blast to help agitate the surface.

My question is: Do I go with a Whisper 110 (a whisper 60 is what went out on us) or do we NEED to get a deep water air pump. If we put the pump at tank height or a little higher would that offset the fact that it is a deep tank?

Back
Top Bottom