Where from in Michigan/Wisconsin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wausau, WI, right in the center of the state.

About an hour South of Drs Foster Smith headquarters and outlet store. I usually get my stuff next day when ordering. :)

We used to have four or five local aquarium shops when I started keeping fish in my teens 20+ years ago, now we only have Petsmart, Petco and Rocky's Pets inside ACE Hardware and that's it.

There's a new fish store in downtown Milwaukee on 3rd Street, 2 blocks south of Time Warner. That use to be a fish store years ago, they had the huge shark tank, with nurse sharks. I believe it's called Best Fish. That's where I get my fish now. They seem to be a family run store. People there are fantastic and knowledgable. Fish are much healthier then at Petsmart by Southridge. I just keep community fish, but someone was buying a tang last time I was there and was saying how healthy the fish looked. I'm excited about the store. Too bad I have enough fish or I'd be there every week buying. LOL :dance:

Is that the old best fish? I know of best fish by McKinley and mlk but thats not the original location. The owner Brian is great. He really knows his stuff. I usually go to aquatics though since they carry a lot more FW stuff. Best fish probably the best place around to go for the salty stuff.

Edit: just looked 3rd is same as mlk so yea that is best fish. Very good LFS.

That's it!! it's not MLK down there but same street, 1335 North Third Street is the address. I'm excited. It's always jam packed in the store AND Brian does own it again. It's been revamped and it looks really nice. They have more fish then tanks for sale. Still have the huge tank, no sharks, but some REAL cool fish. The tank has been moved to the front of the store.

Gail said:
That's it!! it's not MLK down there but same street, 1335 North Third Street is the address. I'm excited. It's always jam packed in the store AND Brian does own it again. It's been revamped and it looks really nice. They have more fish then tanks for sale. Still have the huge tank, no sharks, but some REAL cool fish. The tank has been moved to the front of the store.

Yea it's a great store. Last time I was there they had some rays in that big tank in front. I got a bit concerned last time I was there though cus I seen they were selling Goliath tiger fish, which have no business being in an aquarium. But other than that I like the place cus he can get just about anything I need. Besides replacement legs for my t5 lights lol.

Old world third changes to MLK at McKinley. Best fish is a great shop. They refunded my money on a purchase for a fish that died and they didn't want a water sample. I try to purchase my fish from there but I live in Racine so i have to time my purchases.

madison here, anyone know any good places around the south central area?

Living art aquarium is decent. it's literally across the street from the west side pet smart, which is actually decent for a big box store. I met a couple guys there that actually knew what was up. At living art the equipment is overpriced, and they are pretty small. However, they stock healthy and often rare or unusual fish. They have a cool nano tank section also.

Green Bay, WI here. favorite LFS here is Advanced Aquariums - John the owner is a great guy, and Fish Unlimited, they have a pretty nice selection of fish including some oddballs now and then.

NE lower Michigan. Below the UP. Gaylord Funky Fish and Friends is ONLY lfs I know of. Unless you want chain store like Gaylord Meijer or Walmart in Gaylord or Alpena.

Last edited:
Waiting to see if fish come today. It is at least warm enough to snow. And am watching. USPS web site still lists arrival expected as YESTERDAY!!!

They left Or. on Monday evening so praying there is no delay with PO. Hard to believe is taking so long getting from Grand Rapids to here.... both in Michigan! Come on mail!!!!

Thanks for listening if you read this!

Green Bay, WI here. favorite LFS here is Advanced Aquariums - John the owner is a great guy, and Fish Unlimited, they have a pretty nice selection of fish including some oddballs now and then.

I haven't been to Advanced Aquariums in years. Sadly, at 90 miles, he's still the closest decent LFS I know of. :(

Walking into the Pet Supplies Plus fish section here in town makes me want to scream. But I did get both of my shubunkin there and they are both happy and healthy years later. :)

Lansing, Michigan. Got a great local fish store Preuss Pets. Other than that it's all Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, Meijer, and a few other chains stores.

Back
Top Bottom