Where is the best place for cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leader of Men

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking to start breeding cichlids and I want a store that will either be able to sell me a pair or in the very least know the difference between males and females so I can walk out of the store with 1 male and 2 or 3 females of the same type.

Or am I going to have to order from online somewhere?:(

If I do order from online this may be the site to go with. Pretty good DOA protection and they sell pairs at what seem to be reasonable prices.

I want good looking fish but being able to actually sell them for a somewhat decent amount (not giving them away) would help fuel my hobby.

Any suggestions? I'm not saying $30 a fish but maybe selling 3 for $15 or so.

hm... Discus were probably the last on my list. Haha.

I'd be willing to work a but harder for angelfish or something I'd prefer Malawi or even south American.

Just some experience, wait till the weather is warmer, I haven't had a lot of great results in the winter months (with online live stock ordering).

Last edited:
I posted this in the regional forum hoping for LFS suggestions, but thought I could use online as a fallback.

If nothing else I'll get non-pairs or breeding sets at a local store.

Fantastic, I'll stop by these places with all my questions.

Hopefully none of them have that "pet store that isn't cleaned enough" smell, right? ;)

Back
Top Bottom