Bay Area Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Innovator

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone been to Bay Area Aquarium in Webster, Tx? I have heard good things about them and wondering of others exp. here on these boards? I will be making a trip this Monday so I shall see... :)

I was there a few yrs back, But never had a chances to get there. I wanted to bad and so did my kids. But we just had so long a trip ahead of us with little extra time. Take pics and let us see it. I want to see what I missed and maybe go back that way.

Where in Webster is it? I go through there twice a week and I may have to stop by sometime. I didn't even know about it. If you went, how was it?

Bay Area Aquarium
20801 Gulf Frwy #19
Webster, Texas 77598
281-557-4800

It is not a large sw lfs by any means and have only been up and running for the past 5-6mos? There is potential if the layout was improved...anyways, their selection was ok and at least most of the fish looked reasonably healthy; however, that wouldn't stop me from quarantining either. The prices on fish were better than that of Fish Gallery, Aquarium World, etc etc, but the coral stocks were competitively priced. Acans, micros, etc were, as usual, grossly overpriced. It's a nice store I guess, but always room for improvement.

University Pets on Hwy3 in webster was good but they moved a few blocks and then folded.
New store Aqua Zoo is now on Hwy3 in webster is good but overcrowded with goodies.
So where was Bay Area Aquarium ?

Bay Area Aquarium

I've been to their store several times now in the past couple of weeks. At first I wasn't very impressed but today I did have a good experience. I believe it was the owner working the store with an employee and he answered all questions that we had. He seemed to be very knowledgable and was also very helpful. I will be going back especially this Saturday when they are having a sale on all fish and corals (buy 2 get 1 free).

Great visit

I stopped by the Bay Area Aquarium in Webster, TX today. it is a nice place. They are a down to Earth bunch and customer friendly. I recommend them to anyone in the area.

Bay Area Aquariums

Well.. My girlfriend and I went in their yesterday for the first time.
We felt bad because showed up when the gentleman was trying to leave for the day.

We purchased a new Urchin and some more live rock. Very nice selection from what we saw there.

The owner is currently building us a custom sump for our semi-stablized 55 gallon reef tank. (thus the semi)

Anyway, I plan on going back today after work to pick up some of their water fro my water change this week and check out some more goodies.

Very nice place.

The employee that was there was very helpful and knew exactly what he was talking about.

I highly recomend this place if you live near the area and cannot stand the drive into downtown.

Back
Top Bottom