Best fish store in Austin, Tx?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redlum777

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i usually frequent Aqua-Tek or Amazonia - was just curious if anyone here knew of any other awesome stores in the austin area? :)

There is a new store that opened up on S. 1st St. Last year... really close to the new Bouldin Creek Cafe. But NOTHING beats the Aquadome! It is on Ben White on the north side of the frontage between S. 1st St. and Manchaca!

SUPER COOL PLACE!

I agree about aquadome. They have tons of fish and coral. Not a lot of supplies but thats ok. Hunter is real cool. There is river city aquatics, fishy business, pet and bird supplies (i dont know what it is called exactly). Its behind shortstop off 183. Couple exits before river city aquatics. If you u like the real high end stuff check out austin aquafarms. Very expensive but rare coral. You might have to make an appoitment but pretty cool stuff.

Rivers and Reefs on 1st down by Oltorf seems decent. I've only been there once but the people were very accommodating and friendly. If you're after a hoplo cat head there, they had a ton of them and I think they were $15 each.

Amazonia

I was going driving north on the access road of I-35 and looked to my right as I passed a "xxx nude girls" shop, and then right after was Amazonia with a sign "Live Nude Fish Here"... I cracked up.

:)

I was going driving north on the access road of I-35 and looked to my right as I passed a "xxx nude girls" shop, and then right after was Amazonia with a sign "Live Nude Fish Here"... I cracked up.

:)

That's awesome :D I must have missed the sign!

I was down there today picking up my 56 column. They ordered the tank for me for what it should have cost (not the 200+ for tank alone like other places wanted) and there was no fuss about it. I placed the order Tuesday and it was there on Thursday! I inquired about the cost of ordering a tank at one other Austin store and it's been almost 2 weeks with no call back, and I've been told they're waiting on the vendor to get back to them. Too late!

I also found Seachem Black Fluorite there that I called around for and couldn't find elsewhere. One place even told me "it's over priced and unnecessary so we don't carry it". I ended up leaving Amazonia with a lot more than just a tank, but the folks there were kind enough to give me a 10% discount on the rest of the stuff!

They also had some beautiful fish in stock. A whole bunch of Port Hoplos for one that were very healthy looking. The guy directed me to a tank with a newly discovered species of Geophagus, but sadly they were all out of them.

Amazonia and Aquadome are easily my two favorite so far.

Idk if ya'll are members of austinreefclub.com or not but there is a meeting at aquadome on sunday at 5. There will be a speaker on LEDs. Just fyi. I've never been to a meeting but I like aquadome so I'm going.

I agree Rokuzachi!

I'm not quite at that level Bige but thanks for the headsup!... Me and my betta are happy campers currently.... though I do enjoy the aquadome.

Oops. Your betta would probably not be happy in sw. I have a betta too.

Back
Top Bottom