College Companions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marine Kaitlin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I'm going to be attending college as a freshman soon, and I need advice about what type of fish I should take with me. I'm an undeclared major currently, but I know that I either want to go into marine biology or veterinary medicine. I'll go crazy if I don't have animal companions! Here's the criteria;
1) fish that will do well in a 20 gallon tank- that's not negotiable, unfortunately. I'd like a bigger tank but that's the dorm rules.
2) relatively easy to care for- I've had fish before, but I'm nervous and don't want to end up with a tank of fishy carcasses because I tackled something I wasn't ready for.
3)fish that are compatible with shrimp- I've always wanted shrimp, they're adorable!
4) fish that are peaceful and nonviolent- I don't want to see fishy gladiator in my tank either.
5) fish that are interesting/pleasing to look at- I really want fish that make for good pets. Fish that I can make friends or interact with?
Any help you could give me would be really appreciated! Thank you so much!

You want nano fish for shrimp usually.

How about:
-8 celestial Pearl danios(gorgeous!)
-8 neon tetras
-10 red cherry shrimp

The shrimp should establish a colony and will keep their numbers up.

Caleb

Neons, Rummy Nose, A Ram, Platy/Guppy, Drawf gourami, oto catfish, cory catfish and a bamboo shrimp and some snails.. You could even do something like a freshwater Bumblebee Goby or three.

Back
Top Bottom