Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-16-2005, 01:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to wishbone Send a message via Yahoo to wishbone
So I put on the egg crate and it's about 1/4" thick. Do they sell this stuff any thinner? The only reason I ask is it seems to be blocking the light a bit and making it's very directed. It's not too big of a deal, but I'd like to make sure my entire tank gets good light.

Also what do people think of adding ice at the same time they are adding water to the tank? I'm not talking about a lot, but just a bit from my fridge to try and equalize the 85-86F temp water coming out of my tap. Really I'm trying to avoid having to do several buckets of water that I let sit for a long time to cool down. I will break down and eventually do this for the summers if I have to, but since I have a sink directly next to my tank for a reason I'd like to try a different method if possible.

wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:05 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Wishbone, I put an idea on you post in the general discussion area, ref water cooling.

As for the egg crate, I did not get to it yet. Maybe tomorrow. But for my tank, I will leave half the glass top on, under the light, then convert the other half to open top with the egg crate. Don't know if this is an option for you...

Old 06-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to wishbone Send a message via Yahoo to wishbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnaelting
Wishbone, I put an idea on you post in the general discussion area, ref water cooling.

As for the egg crate, I did not get to it yet. Maybe tomorrow. But for my tank, I will leave half the glass top on, under the light, then convert the other half to open top with the egg crate. Don't know if this is an option for you...
that's actually a really good idea. I might try that!!

wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com