Downtown Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I visited the Downtown Aquarium last Thursday. It was fun, although a little underwhelming in the aquarium displays. There was a lot of variety, but for the size of the building I expected quite a few more and larger tanks. Still, it was worth the $7.50 entry fee.

I didn't eat there, so I can't comment on the food or prices.

The rides, however, were a disappointment. We purchased the Adventure Combo that included one ticket for each ride. I didn't expect much from the Carousel or Ferris Wheel, although I had hoped that the Ferris Wheel would have been more than five revolutions. The Lighthouse Drop was designed for kids, resulting in uncomfortable seats for adults. The Shark Train ride, while interesting, was a huge disappointment. The shark tunnel is only a little longer than the length of the train, and while you are in the tunnel you are confined in the train and unable to move to other locations to see the other sharks. The train could have really done without the cheesy "Great White Scare" at the end.

All in all, I'd recommend spending an hour or two visiting the aquarium exhibits. Despite the disappointment on the Shark Train, I still found it interesting to see so many sharks and rays in one area. I'd avoid the other rides, unless you are bringing young children.

Has anyone else tried the restaurants there, or have different opinions from mine?

My boyfriend and I went this past summer and we ate at the resturant. The food was over priced but good no less. We each got $15 fried shrimp.. it was like 7? huge pieces of shrimp and a bunch of fries- definatly not worth $15 a pop.

The view however was amazing. We sat not too far from the main tank and I kept asking our waiter all sorts of questions. I just sat there and watched and watched and watched. They had a puffer that was bigger than my cat!!

Back
Top Bottom