Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Aquarium World's main display has always looked utterly horrible from what I hear. It is sad because there is so much potential in that tank. I'm in Spring (technically still considered Houston), or at least just before you hit Spring (1960/45).

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to nanoluvr
It is sad. You think they'd be able to keep that thing looking good. Have you noticed that huge LR trough? That thing filters that monster tank. It's a pretty amazing setup, but it does look pretty unspectacular. No..I remember you said you were from Spring, I was just talking about when you said Houston's LFS weren't very good, and you were spoiled. I was just wondering where you were that got you spoiled, lol:p
Are you a member of MARSH (marine and reef society of Houston)? Iwas thinking of joining, but they don't look like they host many events from looking at their website. I'm kinda interested in finding some kinda group of local aquarists that likje to get together and share knowledge..frags, etc.
I work in HJouston, but live in Coldspring (south side of Lake Livingston). I used to live in Spring too. Kinda Aldine-Westfield/1960 area, and then Champions - Wunderlich/1960. I loved it in Champions, but the traffic is brutal. If you live on the west side of Kuykendahl I feel for ya brother.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Ah, originally Cali. I remember being able to go down a single street filled with at least 5-10 wholesalers and cherry picking. Good times! The lfs' also just seemed alot more updated in their presentations and stocks. Of course, they are a major import so that's to be expected. I am not a member of marsh and never saw the need to be one, but you may enjoy it...who knows . It normally takes me about 45mins. to get to work and same for the return trip, which I don't mind one bit
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to nanoluvr
Cali, sweet. It's been a while since I've been, but what a beautiful state. Well...you have me beat on the commute. I have an 1 1/2 hr. ride in, and an 1 3/4 hr ride home .
Oh well, that's life, lol.
Cool...well if you're ever in the mood to swap some xenia for a frag of something else...I have tons of it. I usually sell it to a LFS every month or so. It just grows right back, and I keep on harvestin'.

Tags
flourite

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com