Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Flourite in Houston, Tx?

I'm in Houston, Texas and wondering if anyone knows which lfs' carry and have the best prices for Flourite?

Thank you

Old 01-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to nanoluvr
What part of Houston are you in? I know the city well...work here, and I know stores all around. I dunno which ones carry Flourite, but I can refer you to stores in your area (hopefully) that you can contact.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

45N and 1960, on the border of Spring. I'm just hunting for Flourite or Eco Complete, seeing if anyone has any deals out there/here...somewhere Gotta love a bargain

I know most of the saltwater stores, but those that sell both fw and sw usually have such a high markup :|
Old 01-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

A bit of a drive for you but City Pets, Beechnut and Beltway 8 routinely stocks Flourite and EcoComplete. Best prices in town. Give 'em a call...

Best regards,

William
Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
45N and 1960, on the border of Spring. I'm just hunting for Flourite or Eco Complete, seeing if anyone has any deals out there/here...somewhere Gotta love a bargain

I know most of the saltwater stores, but those that sell both fw and sw usually have such a high markup :|
I'm sorry man...I didn't think you answered the post. My email didn't notify me about this one, lol.

Lets see...if you don't wanna go broke, don't go to Fish gallery or Aquarium World. Definitely visit both stores if you've never been (they're both spectacular), but I buy very little from either one. Uhhh...best prices in Houston on Livestock --- Fishland. They're on Westheimer right around Gessner in a big shopping center. Andy over there is awesome. No corals at all over $50.00. even big, huge brains, or euphyllia, etc.. I seel Xenia to him sometimes. Uhh..lets see, there's a new store on 1960 in Humble next to Academy. It's called Blue Reef Exotic Fish 281-540-blue. They're pretty new, so I would call. If they don't have it they'll order it...just tell her you're looking for a deal, and see if she'll hook you up. Fish R US in conroe is pretty high... You may also call Ultimate Aquarium. They're so so on pricing.
Lemme know if you have any luck. Hope it works out for you!
Know of any upcoming events or frag swaps?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Fishland is on Synott and Westheimer (southwest corner). I've known Andy for years and he is a top notch guy. Great prices on equipment, dry goods, supplies, filters etc. He's geared for saltwater and doesn't carry Flourite. Maria - City Pets - Beechnut @ Beltway will have the best prices in town for plant substrates.

Best regards,

William
Old 02-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

[quote=William Banik;951085]Fishland is .... geared for saltwater and doesn't carry Flourite.

Yeah, i wasn't sure about the flourite...I just knew he was a top notch guy and had great prices. I've spent hours upon hours in that store, lol.
It's probably my favorite place to go.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Do you keep SW, Innovator? I kinda just assumed you kept that too..
Old 02-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Yes I keep saltwater. I am extremely familiar with all the fish stores in and around Houston including Galveston, but wasn't familiar with which were best for fw substrates. Thanks for the information. Personally, other than wholesale, I prefer AquariumWorld's livestock still over the rest just because they seem to get better looking animals. The coral stocks are rather pathetic, though. Fish Gallery has some of the nicest fw plants compared to others, but overly priced and their sw...well, I'll just stop here. I am not really impressed with any of Texas' aquarium stores, but perhaps I am just spoiled
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Have you seen Aquarium World's 40,000 gal tank lately? What's up with all of that red algae in there? Kinda funky. Yes...they're livestock is good looking. The fish Gallery has some awesome looking planted stuff. It's made me want to get into that area of the hobby every time I've gone in there, but I just don't have any more room for additional tanks, lol.
Where are you from, then? Closer to one of the coasts?

Tags
flourite

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com