Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

hi!

I'm Cassie, and I'm in Orange County, CA, and while I've been on AA for a while, I've only just found this forum. I have a combined total of 78 gals of freshwater, but am looking to make 10 of those SW and then I have 99g of land hermit crabs. I've read the post about the San Diego fish club, but that is a bit of a drive. is there one closer to OC that you know of? I'd love to get some new plants/fish and meet some other aquarists!

Old 01-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm in Sac, which is quite a ways away. The California forums do not seem to get much action, unfortunately. Anyway, welcome! I hope you get an answer.

BTW, since you are in Garden Grove, you must be Vietnamese, right? (just kidding)

Old 01-14-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

that's funny, but no, I'm not. I'm Italian mixed with the "generic European mix" (aka white!). My school was evenly divided though, 1/3 Hispanic, 1/3 Caucasion, 1/3 Asian/Pacific Islander.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:13 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Haha, I didn't even realize aquarist had meetings. Any of the people I've met at LFS has been kinda like posting on the forums... knowledge contest. Have you checked out Tong's in Fountain Valley? I've been to a ton of LFS in the general LA/OC area and that's my favorite. Shouldn't be too far from you.

37G Puffer Tank
(1) Tetraodon nigroviridis

200G Mangrove Swamp (Under Construction)
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have been to tongs in FV, I think there is also one in the Brea/Whittier area that I've been to as well. It's about a 20 minute drive, and I've only been to the FV store once, but was pretty impressed.

yeah, aquarists meet and have auctions, discussions, lectures, things like that, usually it's a "society" of some sort. I just think it would be cool to get to know others and share advice, swap plant clipings, things like that.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com