just started my tank 5 days ago in arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_bay

Aquarium Advice Regular
any input will help. i have a 75 gallons tank with 2 filters, i have a layer of dead crushed coral, one bag of live sand on left side , one bag of live crashed coral on the right , a big dead coral in the middle , i left it running bout 3 days the water got cleared and i added a small liverock and a blue and yellow damsel and today i added another damsel a black with 2 white spots but they fighting.

did i put in the fish or the live rock to quick?

when can i add live rock and how much rock for a coral tank???

any1 has to spare liverock or knows where to buy some cheap???

Welcome! I would post in the saltwater getting started section to get more advice from the saltwater people on here. Also, please check out the links on cycling if you haven't already. Your tank is much too new for fish right now. You need to let the beneficial bacteria build up in your filtration system and your live rock. If you don't have enough live rock, you won't have enough bacteria. This is about all the help I can give, I'm more familiar with fresh and brackish systems.

Hi. You are not cycled so I would try to return those fish. Plus damsels are very aggressive so you probably dont want them in your tank anyways.

You need to add all your live rock BEFORE adding fish so the tank can cycle and be safe for livestock.
:)

Back
Top Bottom