Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
just started my tank 5 days ago in arizona

any input will help. i have a 75 gallons tank with 2 filters, i have a layer of dead crushed coral, one bag of live sand on left side , one bag of live crashed coral on the right , a big dead coral in the middle , i left it running bout 3 days the water got cleared and i added a small liverock and a blue and yellow damsel and today i added another damsel a black with 2 white spots but they fighting.

did i put in the fish or the live rock to quick?

when can i add live rock and how much rock for a coral tank???

any1 has to spare liverock or knows where to buy some cheap???

fish_bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Welcome! I would post in the saltwater getting started section to get more advice from the saltwater people on here. Also, please check out the links on cycling if you haven't already. Your tank is much too new for fish right now. You need to let the beneficial bacteria build up in your filtration system and your live rock. If you don't have enough live rock, you won't have enough bacteria. This is about all the help I can give, I'm more familiar with fresh and brackish systems.

Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Hi. You are not cycled so I would try to return those fish. Plus damsels are very aggressive so you probably dont want them in your tank anyways.

You need to add all your live rock BEFORE adding fish so the tank can cycle and be safe for livestock.
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote

started, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com