LFSs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cassie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey y'all! I don't know about anybody else, but I think it would be a good idea to collect us some real-life based LFSs for areas that aren't Houston, Austin, or Dallas! Some of us live waaaaaay across the state from those big cities. I would love to have some recommendations on LFSs a little nearer to home for me. So, just throw in the name, address, city/town and a few words about your experiences with the store. I'd really love to hear about any West Texas LFSs anybody knows about.

As of yesterday afternoon, I have one to add.

Mr. Aquarium on 34th and University in Lubbock is good. Their supplies are a little high-ish, but in line with LFS prices vs. chain prices. Their fish are comparable price-wise and they have a good selection. Every tank was healthy and clean, no sick fish that I could see, though I didn't go into the marine section. The staff was really friendly and knowledgeable. They competently discussed fishless vs. live cycling and offered good input on future stocking plans that lines up with other information I had about the fish I was interested in.

I too live in Lubbock Tx. and I the Mr. Aquariums is a great place for fish as well as plants for freshwater tanks. I have seen the salt water side and have a freind that says they are the best around and he has a 200 gallond reef tank..

Great to see someone else from around here on this site

Tess

Well i personally go to Alamo City Aquatics in San Antonio, its on west side of 1604 so sorta accessible to San Marcos New Braunsful area?

Back
Top Bottom