LFS's in the Houston Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glstine

Aquarium Advice Activist
What LFS's do people use. I like to visit Aquarium World but their prices are pretty high. Best bang for the buck I've found is Fish Land on Westheimer. What other good ones are there.

Village Tropical Fish, 3612 S. Shepherd, Houston, TX [map], phone 713-524-0173.

I've heard about this place. But I've never been there. I've only been to aquarium world, and yes, they are expensive.

I try to go to Aquarium World, but it's quite a drive. Where on Westhiemer is Fish Land? I used to work at the CompUSA by Dairy Ashford.

FishLand is at 13155 Westheimer. They have somewhat of a website at
http://www.kinpark.com/fishland/index.html They have really good prices I got a nice sized frogspawn from them for 16.99 and a pipe organ for 9.99. Their dry good prices are along the lines of online retailers. The people that work there are knowledgeable and they even tolerate my 3 year old.

Actually, I went to Petsmart on I-10W - near the beltway, and their fish were in pretty good shape. The manager lowered the price on Angelfish by $1.00 each in order to match Petco's prices. All the fish were healthy and still are. I don't know if they know a lot about fish, but the tanks were clean and they matched prices, so I was happy.

Village tropical fish the best in town for freshwater tropicals and plants,friendly,knowledgeable staff,look for the older guys.I've done business there about 12 years. Fishland on Westhiemer@Synott good staff ,owner on premise most time have bought most of livestock for my reef there has absolutely best prices on coral and very healthy,dry good prices in most cases match online stores,haven't traded there long(8months)but am very happy.Global fish & pet on Bellaire@Gessner have mixed feelings about ,have seen very good livestock most of the time pricey sometimes ,don't bother asking questions I've recieved less than straight answers there and have heard similar things.City pets on Beechnut@Bltwy.8,good livestock-go armed with your own knowledge though,and most recently just stopped by Neptunes Garden on 45South between Fuqua &Bltwy8 I was very impressed by the store ,very CLEAN ,good size and appeared to be good quality I'm looking forward to a return visit when I have time to kill :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom