Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #21
member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
Sorry I also forgot to ask how many times you feed your fish a day? I used to feed mine twice a day because I spoiled them haha. But the bioload at the end of the week was outrageous! I cut them down to once a day, and it made a huge difference with how much poop was at the bottom of the tank. Also once every other week I skip a day of feeding to cleanse out their systems. Hope your still with me here.
I'm still with ya...it wasn't that hard to keep up with... :p

Like you did, I feed twice a day -- do you recommend cutting back on this? Once daily should make a big difference?
__________________

__________________
Osage_Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
uscamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 861
I live in Vegas too!
__________________

__________________
-Patrick

uscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
reefdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LittleRock
Posts: 1,033
hey guys thank for steping up!!!
__________________
reefdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
uscamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 861
let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out, I live in SW Vegas
__________________
-Patrick

uscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
reefdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LittleRock
Posts: 1,033
we was trying to see if there was anyone close to him to teach him how to siphon his tank and how to clean his gravel. He is having a hard time doing it. I would help but i live in Arkansas.
__________________
reefdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 31
Yes I would recommend once a day. It just cut's back on waste tremendously. That way if I didn't get a chance to do my reg water change, if I am a few days late I am ok with it, becuse I know that there won't be an over abundance of waste just sitting at the botom making everyone sick.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Osage_Winter View Post
I'm still with ya...it wasn't that hard to keep up with... :p

Like you did, I feed twice a day -- do you recommend cutting back on this? Once daily should make a big difference?
__________________
Macgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #27
member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscamaro View Post
let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out, I live in SW Vegas
Thanks Patrick -- can you get to the 215 and St. Rose?
__________________
Osage_Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #28
member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
Yes I would recommend once a day. It just cut's back on waste tremendously. That way if I didn't get a chance to do my reg water change, if I am a few days late I am ok with it, becuse I know that there won't be an over abundance of waste just sitting at the botom making everyone sick.
They'll be okay at once a day?
__________________
Osage_Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:49 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osage_Winter View Post
They'll be okay at once a day?
Yep they will be fine once a day. I have been feeding mine once a day for about 2 1/2 months now and so far no one has jumped out of the tank to complain. Fish can go 4 or 5 days without eating and still get on just fine. Trust me once a day will suit them just fine.
__________________
Macgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #30
member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
Yep they will be fine once a day. I have been feeding mine once a day for about 2 1/2 months now and so far no one has jumped out of the tank to complain. Fish can go 4 or 5 days without eating and still get on just fine. Trust me once a day will suit them just fine.
Thanks. I have decided to cut back to once a day.

LOL -- "no one has jumped out of the tank to complain..."
__________________

__________________
Osage_Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone in the northern nevada area ? Bert B Northwest & Mountain States 7 08-31-2014 12:54 AM
Glub-glub from Nevada HappysMom Member Introductions 1 03-30-2009 11:10 PM
Welcome to the Nevada regional forum CountZero Northwest & Mountain States 0 09-12-2003 05:08 PM
Re: Nevada Regional Forum CountZero Forum Admin & Announcements 1 09-12-2003 09:46 AM
Northern Nevada Marine Keepers CountZero Southwest & California 3 09-10-2003 10:48 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.