Looking for Hemianthus callitrichoides in las vegas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mfdrookie516 said:
So, why ask about online if you don't want an online source? Also, posting two threads on the same topic (even generally) is frowned upon.

Relax I'm sorry I'm trying to find things when I'm new to the area and I didn't realize that online shipping is ridiculous, we are all human, and if I was a pro I wouldn't be asking for help..... Any way to get rid of threads ?

Coursair said:
FYI when I've bought plants online from Hobbyists, I paid $5-6 shipping and did not wait at home. Plants were fine.

GL

All the shipping I've seen is like 40-50$, and it gets up into the 90-100s fast would the plants still be ok ?

deathbows2me said:
All the shipping I've seen is like 40-50$, and it gets up into the 90-100s fast would the plants still be ok ?

Where approximately are you located ?

Unless you are buying a ton of plants, we usually use priority flat rate boxes :)

Mine have all arrived healthy. I do have a front porch, so packages are often in partial shade. But smaller ones are in hot mailbox and still live so far.

Coursair said:
Where approximately are you located ?

Unless you are buying a ton of plants, we usually use priority flat rate boxes :)

Mine have all arrived healthy. I do have a front porch, so packages are often in partial shade. But smaller ones are in hot mailbox and still live so far.

Umm Vegas ? Haha there's another problem it would go to the po, and it closes right when I get back and closed on weekends :/ it's a [mod edit] to get things mailed to me. Really why I wanna get it in store but ima have to go mail Grr ..

Last edited by a moderator:
deathbows2me said:
Umm Vegas ? Haha there's another problem it would go to the po, and it closes right when I get back and closed on weekends :/ it's a ***** to get things mailed to me. Really why I wanna get it in store but ima have to go mail Grr ..

Oh duh... Sorry I did see that.
Dealing with PO hours is tricky.
FYI just as an example I found HC on The Planted Tank for $5 a portion $10 min + $7 priority shipping. So two 3" patches plus shipping is $17. Most sellers don't even have a minimum. This seller has a bunch of cool mosses also.

TPT or APC are both great sources :)

Coursair said:
Oh duh... Sorry I did see that.
Dealing with PO hours is tricky.
FYI just as an example I found HC on The Planted Tank for $5 a portion $10 min + $7 priority shipping. So two 3" patches plus shipping is $17. Most sellers don't even have a minimum. This seller has a bunch of cool mosses also.

TPT or APC are both great sources :)

I dont know what those are, very new to this forum and tank talk, I'll probably have co2 DIY set up first because on e I get HC I KNOW alot of stores here that want it :) moneys, TPT- the planted tank APC- ?

aqua_chem said:
Can't you sign the card that they leave so that they'll leave your package the next day?

Umm it goes straight to the po, I'd it donts fit in my box I have to go to them with a slip, it's a pain and there is to many people that would mess with the box .... Haha curious people. My best bet is to take a day off and go shopping for aquarium stuff and order it the day before ?

deathbows2me said:
I dont know what those are, very new to this forum and tank talk, I'll probably have co2 DIY set up first because on e I get HC I KNOW alot of stores here that want it :) moneys, TPT- the planted tank APC- ?

APC = Aquatic Plant Central

Free to join both, only members can see sales threads.

I'd recommend supporting hobbyists, then your LFS, then online stores. That is the way I normally go about sourcing plants. Check our classifieds section first, post a wanted ad in there and mention you would prefer local pickup. You could also post on craigslist for your town.

TPT and APC are excellent resources and 9 times out of 10 the quality of the plants will be 10x better than the LFS. I have never paid more than $12 for shipping plants. That included a heatpack and styrofoam in the winter.

Keep in mind, they have cold packs that can be used in the summer to keep the plants from cooking in the bags. I've used both heat and cold packs and never had any issues.

One time I got a plant from a guy that forgot to put the cold pack in for me, it looked like tea when I got it, leaves were mush. He did the right thing and sent me another batch for free though. That's the beauty of dealing with hobbyists, they aren't in it for the money. They are in it for the benefit of others and the hobby in general.

I really appreciate the knowledge and how do I post in the classifieds I couldn't before

You should be able to post now. New members are not allowed to post until they get some posts under their belt. This keeps spammers from joining and just posting in the classifieds section. It is a minor inconvenience but anyone who posts regularly gets access quickly.

meegosh said:
You should be able to post now. New members are not allowed to post until they get some posts under their belt. This keeps spammers from joining and just posting in the classifieds section. It is a minor inconvenience but anyone who posts regularly gets access quickly.

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom