neeed help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crashingbore03

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a 36 gallon bow front I have sand in it with about 6 plants. I wanna add turn it into a planted tank. I will be using floramax. Can I mix that with my sand? Will my tank get cloudy? or should just stick to sand. I have fish in it. Which i can put in buckets. Im running a fluval aqua clear 70 and the orignal aqueon filter in came with.

You can certainly just stick with sand, supplement with root tabs, osmocote and miracle grow tabs are what I use in my sanded, planted tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

will it do the same thing as flora max as far as breaking down the fish poop. i find it hard to clean my tank. But then again the waste is mostly where there is no plants

Just swirl your gravel vac gently above the sand to suck up detritus without taking out sand. If you get sand, just rinse it and return it to the tank.

You can also increase flow to keep detritus off the substrate so filters can get it.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and you get more help if you ask a Mod to move this to the FW Planted section. right now you're in the regional section.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom