Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
New LFS in Mesa, Arizona!

Discovered a new LFS in East Mesa, Arizona (right by Superstition Springs) by the name of THE PET SHOP. They opened up at the end of June / early July 2012. Anyway, for those of you Arizonans that knew about Pet Inc. in Tempe, some of the friendly staff got together when that place closed down and opened up their own new spot.

My GF and I had the opportunity to pay The Pet Shop a visit and were impressed at how clean the store was (well it's new, it better be). I know it's still a work-in-progress, we were delighted to find a lot of goodies there in terms of fish, decor, etc. They need to step it up a bit in the live plants area, but the owner assured me that they are in the near future when it's not so boiling hot to get plants shipped safely...LOL

They had some pretty neat finds that you wouldn't find at the big box pet stores. For instance, they had some "BB" dwarf puffers, peacock gudgeons, mosquito rasboras, a good variety of cichlids, and other various fish (FW & SW).

They also have a great selection of malaysian dw!

Anyway, the owner, Vanessa was awesome and very friendly. Mat was their resident "fish guy" and he was pretty friendly and knowledgeable as well.

Great place, check them out if you're in the area!
The Pet Shop - The Pet Shop Inc

I took some covert pics for a sneak peak

One of many rows of tanks:

- [ADA 60P] - [ADA 60F] - [GLA 6g] - [26g] - [2.1g Cube]
Brian_Nano12g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have to say this place Is awesome, worth seeing. They have a pretty good selection, from nano coral frags, saltwater fish, live plants, and freshwater fish. They have shrimp and betas, to discus and rainbow fish. Their quarantine process is good, and their filtration carbon filters are cheaper than at chain shops.

NinjaTetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Christmasfish Send a message via Skype™ to Christmasfish
YAY! another source!....when I move back to Mesa this year it will be my own house and I WANT FISH. I probably will order from my old store in WA if I want anything like giant betta or real healthy chocolates. at first other than a couple Betta I want to do a tank with patterned browns... convicts, and definitely 4+ clown loaches. Mostly freshwater community
"Fish! Thank You! Oh, tropical huh? Did you buy a heater? Auuugh!"

Mega-pet stores prolly should not be allowed to sell animals as retail "items".
Christmasfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com