New LFS in Mesa, Arizona!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Discovered a new LFS in East Mesa, Arizona (right by Superstition Springs) by the name of THE PET SHOP. They opened up at the end of June / early July 2012. Anyway, for those of you Arizonans that knew about Pet Inc. in Tempe, some of the friendly staff got together when that place closed down and opened up their own new spot.

My GF and I had the opportunity to pay The Pet Shop a visit and were impressed at how clean the store was (well it's new, it better be). I know it's still a work-in-progress, we were delighted to find a lot of goodies there in terms of fish, decor, etc. They need to step it up a bit in the live plants area, but the owner assured me that they are in the near future when it's not so boiling hot to get plants shipped safely...LOL

They had some pretty neat finds that you wouldn't find at the big box pet stores. For instance, they had some "BB" dwarf puffers, peacock gudgeons, mosquito rasboras, a good variety of cichlids, and other various fish (FW & SW).

They also have a great selection of malaysian dw!

Anyway, the owner, Vanessa was awesome and very friendly. Mat was their resident "fish guy" and he was pretty friendly and knowledgeable as well.

Great place, check them out if you're in the area!
The Pet Shop - The Pet Shop Inc

I took some covert pics for a sneak peak ;)

img_2061385_0_acc82748b218ca4cdc61cdf2cb60714b.jpg

One of many rows of tanks:
img_2061385_1_8960aadb25168e4cb71aaaf1fbac248f.jpg

I have to say this place Is awesome, worth seeing. They have a pretty good selection, from nano coral frags, saltwater fish, live plants, and freshwater fish. They have shrimp and betas, to discus and rainbow fish. Their quarantine process is good, and their filtration carbon filters are cheaper than at chain shops.

YAY! another source!....when I move back to Mesa this year it will be my own house and I WANT FISH. I probably will order from my old store in WA if I want anything like giant betta or real healthy chocolates. at first other than a couple Betta I want to do a tank with patterned browns... convicts, and definitely 4+ clown loaches. Mostly freshwater community

Back
Top Bottom